John McGinn

PompeyVillan

7 hours ago, useless said:

He's got some of the best dribbling stats in the league apparently, I think he'd probably make a better winger, in a similar role to Snodgrass.

He's not quick enough, he already gets caught out because he is so slow. On the wing he would offer nothing (pretty much the same as he's offering us now).

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

He's not quick enough, he already gets caught out because he is so slow. On the wing he would offer nothing (pretty much the same as he's offering us now).

If he's not quick enough he needs to release the ball sooner.

Snodgrass was slow, you don't have to be fast to play on the wing, and bear in mind when people say 'winger' these days it's not winger in the old fashioned sense, he'd be playing more as a no.10 to the right cutting in on his left foot, which is pretty much how plays a lot of the time anyway, sometimes to the detriment of his central midfield duties. Him and Grealish playing as No.10s with Grealish on the left and McGinn on the right, both of them cutting in on their stronger sides, would have.

He has been poor but we know he has the ability to cut it at premier league level.

Next season is a clean slate for him.

Once we have a new manager they should give him the armband. It would be his 3rd season at the club and when fit he leads by example, his character has always been spoken highly of.

I remember during lock down people on here was sure he would galvanize the team.

Same people are saying it about Wesley too.

The big picture here is there is a team issue. A mentality issue. Wesley and Mcginn won't change that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GingerCollins29 said:

We seem to have had a mentality issue for 20 odd years

That is because the majority of our club has never played in the premier league and are all young. 

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Had another stress fracture ,didn't train during lock down only once they got back to group work hence his lack of match fitness 

From Smith interview in the DT

He was poor before his I jury too though... He scored 3 goals, but he's been below premier league standard most of the season 

12 hours ago, Nabby said:

Had another stress fracture ,didn't train during lock down only once they got back to group work hence his lack of match fitness 

From Smith interview in the DT

Strange that he played him for pretty much 80-90-80 minutes in his first 3 games back during the restart. He must have been exhausted by HT in those games.

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Strange that he played him for pretty much 80-90-80 minutes in his first 3 games back during the restart. He must have been exhausted by HT in those games.

The game against United at around six minuteS in I seen El Ghazi looking tired already and a united player close to him looking fresh. 

5 minutes ago, sne said:

Our fitness levels are terrible all over

• Like 1

Just now, Killeen30 said:

The game against United at around six minuteS in I seen El Ghazi looking tired already and a united player close to him looking fresh. 

Yeah our players have not looked fit during the restart. Same goes for a lot of other players, but our as a unit has been below what I expected.

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yeah our players have not looked fit during the restart. Same goes for a lot of other players, but our as a unit has been below what I expected.

I said to friends as soon as lockdown started that if the season was to commence again that the fittest teams in the first few games would have a far better chance of getting purge points the may need. Even if playing against better sides.

• Like 1

On 10/07/2020 at 17:35, smg said:

Don’t see clubs falling over themselves to buy him this summer, Celtic possibly but won’t offer anywhere near what we would want as will no one else.

We will probably get a few cheeky bids for him, from clubs who have tapped him up and are willing to take him off our hands, for about £10m. :rolleyes:

Edited by John
  • Like 1

Â