John McGinn

PompeyVillan

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Started the game well against Manure and improved as the game went on against palace. Good player. Struggled with physicality at the start of the season but started to deal with it before he got injured.

Him coming back to his old self could be the boost we need. 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Him coming back to his old self could be the boost we need. 

Hard to see that happening in the next week, it'll take longer than that but look forward to him back next season.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

I don't know why the club are telling us now about the 2nd injury, why not at the start of this run of games? He got a lot of stick, including from me, for coming back unfit and overweight but this 2nd injury makes so much sense now and explains why he has been struggling so much. 

Maybe the masseur who caught covid was meant to call you to tell you but then he got sick. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Maybe the masseur who caught covid was meant to call you to tell you but then he got sick. 

No excuse.

In all seriousness, literally every press conference starts with team news and injuries. 

I thought he looked good against Palace. I think he's been getting more up to speed over the course of this post-lockdown run of games. It's good to have him back in the team.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I expected him to be sluggish, off the pace, touch not quite right. Is it really any excuse though for the physical condition he has come back in? Look at the state of him.

Missed a six week training block due to a stress fracture that was kept quiet. This explains a lot.

1 hour ago, CosmicVillan said:

Missed a six week training block due to a stress fracture that was kept quiet. This explains a lot.

I have had many an injury where I couldn't train. I didnt just balloon and I am not being paid 30k a week to stay trim.

I am sure we will see the best of him next season, game by game there are more glimpses. He's just way off physically I don't know how much you can blame him for that having two injuries and little recovery time.

Andre Gomes was way way off it too, although he doesn't seem to like to turn up against us anyway.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The gratitude of some is ridiculous. He has had a major injury and is clearly struggling to get back to form. He was a key player to get us promoted and probably has been our best value for money transfer in the past 10 years. Give the guy a break.

100% agree

He was a key player 

He's out of form - due to not being fit

So don't play him... Especially not for 90 minutes, not mcginns fault, it's a Smith mistake

Â