John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Is McGinn playing out on the right for Scotland? I always thought he could do a job there...

Or, if we’re tweaking the system next year. A 3-4-3 with Mcginn and Grealish behind Watkins could work? Cash and Targett/Henry offering the width? 

The lack of any links to a winger has me desperate.

Trying to have a think away from transfer woe because I'm bored, but Scotland could have been onto something.

I wouldn't mind seeing him RW for a few games if it came to it. I think he'd be good in most positions.

Cash going outside him, John cutting inside onto that cannon left...

Not ideal, but he did have issues with how deep/forward he was getting from that 8 position at times. Had games when the radar was well off.

I'm toying with McGinn RW ffs :lol: We need to make a signing.

On 04/09/2020 at 21:26, Delphinho123 said:

A lot of people commenting on his weight online. Unpopular opinion, but is he overweight?

As much as I love him, I do worry he’s not been able to get back to fitness since his injury. 

That’s not an unpopular opinion, he’s a chunky monkey 

On 04/09/2020 at 21:26, Delphinho123 said:

A lot of people commenting on his weight online. Unpopular opinion, but is he overweight?

As much as I love him, I do worry he’s not been able to get back to fitness since his injury. 

he is not and never will be a Ronaldo physical specimen but he is far from overweight

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Dropped by Scotland. Says it all.

Scotland were facing essentially a Czech Republic select XI as their first squad all tested positive for Covid and the jocks most likely considered they could win without needing their main players

Sadly but typically for Scotland they struggled and had to bring on mcginn to scrape past the Czechs. 

So it doesn't say it all really, does it? 

I honestly can't understand some of the tripe that comes from sport spectators. It's one thing to belittle and undermine someone relentlessly like it's a fulfilling pastime, but to go about it like it represents a credible and reasonable take on things is something else entirely and has me scratching my head. And yet some will get so enthralled in it all it's like they lose sight of their own intent, which is to slate their target, sometimes obnoxiously, and consequently they then begin to believe that what they've said is a true reflection.

He's an absolute work horse, that's been a standout trait, remember? Injuries take time to recover from, remember? Perhaps some have lost sight of that too.

Lean and toned doesn't necessarily mean healthy or athletic either. Long story short, McGinn is not, and hasn't been whilst playing for us, overweight. Stocky at best.

Â