John McGinn

PompeyVillan

2 hours ago, poitier said:

I thought he was our most creative player today, looked to be getting back to his old self.

He’s got better with every game.Slower than we’d like. Closest he’s been to the John we know today great to have him back. 

From the Guardian:

"But true to themselves, Villa played the denouement immaculately: seeking territory, clearing to the corners and using the backside of John McGinn to shield the ball if nothing else worked. Full-time brought only more tension, more awful waiting. And then, finally, release."

He's back and so are we!

• Haha 1

McGinn knows

spacer.png

https://twitter.com/villareport/status/1287866072004087809

John McGinn: “I think everyone is aware we need quality added. We obviously spent a lot of money last summer and we may need to go and do it again. We can’t get complacent and think everything is alright now.” [telegraph]

Edited by Aston_Villan4

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

McGinn knows

spacer.png

John McGinn: “I think everyone is aware we need quality added. We obviously spent a lot of money last summer and we may need to go and do it again. We can’t get complacent and think everything is alright now.” [telegraph]

Strange that he didn't say the manager wasn't getting the best out of us. 

I agree completely with him here. Its obvious that we've lacked the quality and need to address it in the summer. 

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

McGinn knows

spacer.png

In the Telegraph article he makes the point he was talking to Jack on the morning of the last game, & I think he’s straightforwardly setting out what all the senior players now expect from the club.

One worry is that if Jack goes it sparks others to do the same. Showing enough ambition early is vital in retaining that core group, imo.

• Like 3

top man, he should be the vice captain imo (i would have Mings as captain prob), either or, i think McGinn and Mings are the best captain material we have at the club, a warrior.

I’d be keeping him on a strict diet and exercise/fitness plan for the whole of the closed season (after he gets back from smashing beers on holiday with Grealish). He was starting to get back to being much more like the player we know he can be in the last few games of the season so it’s important we keep his fitness at a fairly high level to keep him sharp as possible for the restart. 

A fit and healthy McGinn is just crucial to us.

• Like 1

On 28/07/2020 at 08:22, DCJonah said:

I agree completely with him here. Its obvious that we've lacked the quality and need to address it in the summer. 

Even if he thought it I doubt he would say it to reporters. He is spot on though with the fact we need more quality.

21 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

His quotes from telegraph. All sensible.

The last paragraph about the relief after pressure is exactly why Roy Keane is such a knob with his comments. Also, those people on here saying it's small time to comment. 

• Like 1

Let's be honest - he wasn't great since he came back from injury. He was probably rushed back and only got close to full fitness towards the final few games.

Firstly, its a great testament to his commitment to the team that he was willing to come and play when still not fit as he knew how important it was. And Secondly, i don't think its any coincidence that we looked much better, and picked up 8 points out of 12 in the final 4 games when he was up and running at closer to full fitness and his former self. 

Rest him up, keep him fit, and he'll be back to bossing the midfield for the new season before we know it. 

• Like 1

On 28/07/2020 at 08:22, DCJonah said:

It’s a bit of both. It always was. It wasn’t just the players and it wasn’t just the manager. It wasn’t binary.

On 08/08/2018 at 10:23, SuperJohnMcGinn said:

Morning all,

I'm a Hibs season ticket holder so thought I'd join your forum to give you an insight in to John McGinn and what to expect if you manager to sign him which I sincerely hope you do.

John McGinn is probably the most loved Hibs player within the support and the club and has been since he joined 4 years ago. During this time we've seen him develop from a rough diamond with potential to a genuinely top quality midfielder who IMO should be Scotland's first choice midfielder right now.

John's biggest attribute is his spirit, you get these players every so often like your Gerrard's, Schole's etc that have the ability to lift a team and drive them on. John will bring that in abundance, if a game is going against you he will single handedly give everything he's got to drag the team back in to it through grit, determination and fight. On the flipside, if you're winning a game well John has the classy side of his game as well, excellent strength, ability to spray 50 yard passes with ease and a very decent turn of pace.

He also has a wicked left foot on him and the majority of his goals tend to come from drives from outside the box including two 25 yard strikes in a 2-2 draw at Celtic Park last season.

He will dominate the midfield in most games he plays and Scott Brown who's been the Celtic captain for 10 years said last season McGinn was the most difficult midfielder he's ever played against in Scotland.

The bigger the game, the bigger the performance you'll get from McGinn and he will never ever be accused of hiding.

In my opinion John McGinn will be an English premiership player within 2-3 years whether it be with Villa or another club.

From a Hibs fans perspective Villa would be a cracking move though.

Best of luck for the season ahead and hopefully you guys get promotion!

Nearly 2 years to the day.....

this man reviewed McGinn to a tee, so rare anyone correctly reviews a player 😜

In those two years, failed in playoff final, nearly in administration, mid table championship, 10 game winning run, playoff final win, replace whole team, just avoided relegation with a minor miracle, hopefully now pushing on in the 2nd Prem season.....wow.....busy bunnies.....

We've got McGinn!......Super John McGinn!!

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

In those two years, failed in playoff final, nearly in administration, mid table championship, 10 game winning run, playoff final win, replace whole team, just avoided relegation with a minor miracle, hopefully now pushing on in the 2nd Prem season.....wow.....busy bunnies.....

And a League Cup final👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

You've added an extra season. McGinn wasn't part of the team that lost to Fulham. We'd have won with him in the side.

• Like 1

Â