18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

Wasn’t gutted as I was against Forest. As we didn’t seem playing that well, and we missed Jack a lot. We came back twice but seem to mess around everytime we get back.

We’re 1 point closer to Boro and Sheff U, hopefully a gift from Bristol would turn it to an ok week. We go again! Leeds game will be really tough, hopefully Jack is back by then, and we could somehow beat them.

We're still going to be in this league again next season. We'll get play offs but I just know we won't go up. Really hope some January signings can turn this frown upside down, but we have too much shit that can't be carried a whole season when the front men have an off day

• Like 1

Well Norwich not winning was a small mercy i guess but we simply cannot keep slipping up and dropping points if we are (which personally i doubt but can;t help but still hope) to have any hope of a top 2 finish.

Playoffs is deffo there for us but as we know that route is a minefield and a complete lottery with dodgy ref decisions and the like usually deciding it.

The game on Sunday against Leeds is basically a do or bust. Win and we have a chance, lose and we may as well forget top 2. Problem is Leeds will know this and will no doubt attempt to KO us out of the race especially with us having no chance to replace the dodgy back line until a week or two later.

We've had this massively difficult run of fixtures and been unbeaten through it. 

We now need to beat Leeds then win week in week out against lesser opponents. 

The teams above us will all need to play each other and us again.  Let's see what happens when one or two of them have a fixture list like we've had whilst we're on an easier run. 

• Like 4

We'll finish top 6.

Currently we're on course for 66 points after 44 games so would likely finish on 70 points.

Not enough for top 6 but when you think how few wins we had after SB was sacked.....The fixture list will also get much easier after the Leeds game.

Top 2 is a big ask, it's credit to Dean we're even still talking about it. Our chance is really next two months, lots of winnable games home and away while Norwich will be playing a lot of the top 10 in that timeframe.

We need to be 4-5 points off them at that point and then it's all to play for last three months. Anything more and we saw last season it's very difficult to chase teams down as they'll keep winning as Cardiff did.

• Like 2

Norwich failing to win is a blessing, well, a lose would have been better but atleast that stopped their winning run. Now hopefully back to reality and back for them to lose points. 

WBA win was good to put some pressure on them (but in a longer run they’re a worry I guess).

If we win against Leeds I guess we will still be having a chance of top two even though its hard to catch Leeds but our aim should be Norwich and WBA.

Hopefully a draw tomorrow between Forest and Derby.

1 hour ago, maxjackle said:

I think for a chance of automatic we need to beat leeds and go on a big winning run like last years 7 wins asap.

Im confident of play offs but lets see how this christmas goes. Lots of games in a short period.

This, we need to beat Leeds and then have a winning run of 10+ games as Fulham did last season.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Automatic is gone in my view.

Its just about play offs now, thanks Bruce you monumental tool.

If we beat Leeds, then go on a stupid winning run against the weaker sides lets see if we have it down to 6 points or so in a couple of months....

At some point Chester, Axel or Nyland is going to get tackled by a forward with disastrous results. Chester in particular isn't comfortable playing this way at all.

I hope it doesn't cost us points when it happens.

I dont think automatics have gone, far from it.

And we don't need to go on any kind of Fulham run either - they were 18 points off 2nd at the same stage and took it to the last game, chasing a Cardiff who kept getting unlikely wins, I firmly believe 2nd will not get 90 points this season like Cardiff did. Leeds & Norwich would have been 3rd & 4th at the same stage last season so we are chasing easier targets too. We are not anywhere near as far back as Fulham were, In fact they were almost as far back from the playoffs as we are from autos right now. So we shouldnt keep comparing our situation to theirs and we have had to play all the best teams one after the other in a crazy fixture list.

We've actually got 7 winnable fixtures after the Leeds game, which I always looked to us gaining a good chunk. I wanted us to be no more than 10-12 points off autos by January, and thats still looking likely so I wont change my belief over a couple of draws against good sides. 

Even a dropped points against Leeds won't stop me believing, theres simply too long of the season left to give up/admit defeat. Get to January, strengthen - then really push on with some easier then mixed fixtures and watch us climb that ladder.

• Like 3