18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

1 hour ago, BigRed said:

You do have a nightmare feb/March though I wouldn’t fancy having that run of fixtures from the 9th feb to the 30th March you have 

sheff united home 

brentford away

West Brom home 

Stoke away 

Derby home 

Birmingham away

Forest away  

boro home 

blackburn home 

not mention your last 2 games are away at Leeds & home to Norwich.

good thing is with Leeds once we get passed yourselves we’ve played most of the top 8 away barring Boro & the rest have to come to Elland Road. 

What I think you’ll find now teams, are noticing you’re in form, teams won’t come to win at Villa Park they’ll come not to lose. You may say we aren’t blowing teams away so must mean we’re going to drop off, that’s not the case. It’s more that teams come to nick a point as they know if they opened up we’d blow them away. I imagine you’ll face the same until the end of the season.  I feel we play better away as teams are expected to come out at us & we have more space 

We be ok. It's a crap set of fixtures but if w evoke out if those games near yet top three then I really do think we will will go on to secure promotion.

Norwich are very lucky they are not coming to villa park until final game of the season as of we were to play them tomorrow I think we would smash them.

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

He is welcome here, didn't mean him in particular in my post.

Just stated alot of those smaller clubs in this league have a inferiority complex against us, and from what i've seen on their forums it's true. We get hate for no reason, even Leeds fans are calling us "Vile" on their forum

Whilst a do agree with the fact that other teams should have a inferiority complex about us.The fact is they don’t, they just hate the fact they we think they are inferior....

No one remembers our history, our top six finishes and our great teams except us.

So they all think “who the **** are Villa they are nothing special”

• Like 1

Still fear Stoke will be a threat when the season is wrapped up.

wouldn't surprise me if they got one of the automatic spots tbh even if they are 12 points off atm.

And in other news Swansea's Martin Olsson is out for the season with a ruptured Achilles tendon.

Edited by sne

I do like the view that derogatory terms mean a club is obsessed and inferior.

We have our own thread on the English Champs forum full of insults😃

Personally i like talking to opposition fans and i post more if the forums active (nothing more to it then that). Also spent plenty of time watching Leeds at Villa park sat amongst you so I'm an honorary Villain😋

Villa is 1 game i look forward to tbh (not the only one) but its one of a select few, its a proper game, big crowds, big teams, big atmosphere.

Surprisingly for all the praise Smith has gotten (rightfully so). The form over his 9 games is not much better then us and and this weekend could change it. 

Lose or draw vs Stoke if we beat Bolton then we then will have a better record then you under Smith vs the same teams.

You played Norwich early and we had injury problems etc but excuses are whatever, points that matter. 

Looking forward to the game vs you, will be the half way point of the season, can look at the table after and think. 

More important for you to win imo, we could draw or even lose and it wouldn't define our season.

You cant really afford to lose, a draw maybe but really need the win.

Its exciting stuff.

1 hour ago, Merson08 said:

Come on now lads, its nice to have opinions of different clubs. He hasn't insulted anyone in particular or the club. He is more than welcome to air his opinions. 

Also this opinion was shared with Steve Bruce, Tony Xia, Roberto Di Matteo et al and it didnt get us as a club very far and its nice to have the modern day modesty to our club. The past is nice to have but the future is brighter.

I proper cringe at some of the statements I see, and attitude towards other fans (unless they are being plebs on purpose) 😕

Seems there is no middle ground with some, either we are doomed forever, or we are going to destroy the League, beating everybody 17 - 0.

Then try to belittle other clubs which in reality are currently above us...

I don't understand how so many people can succumb to the billy big bollox attitude, so quickly, meanwhile in reality we are still 8th in the Championship.

Even if we were top 2, or top 6, some humility and class could go a long way ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think alot of teams in this league are obsessed with us

They have that inferioriy complex syndrome. We are the biggest club in England's second largest city, we as a club have such a bigger potential than any clubs in this league and it's what making other clubs obsessed with us. 

Hard pill to swallow, but I think it’s just West Midlands clubs that are obsessed with you, that’s the thing. You’re comfortably the biggest side in the region with an absolute classic of a football ground, you’r the logical team to envy. But beyond the West Midlands, you’re relatively insignificant. 

Now, forgive me if I sound arrogant, but Leeds United are a national obsession. Called scum and hated pretty much wherever we go. There’s a reason why you’ll hear ‘We all hate Leeds Scum’ at grounds up and down the country and not ‘We all hate Villa.’ Just Wolves, Birmingham, Coventry and West Brom who hate you lads, sorry 

Edited by LeedsFanJustVisiting

Also pretty baffled by the confidence levels some of you have on here. Shall we just overlook the fact you lot conceded 7 goals in two games? You’re a disaster at the back at times. Such disorganisation is not apparent at the likes of Leeds and Norwich

Edited by LeedsFanJustVisiting

9 minutes ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Also pretty baffled by the confidence levels some of you have on here. Shall we just overlook the fact you lot conceded 7 goals in two games? You’re a disaster at the back at times. Such disorganisation is not apparent at the likes of Leeds and Norwich

Not entirely true. We have conceded only 2 in the last 2 games and scored 5. You wont find a Villa fan who would disagree with your assessment of our back line though. Your not going find any argument against it here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

We're all clinging on to the hope that we'll contain the damage done by january and that we are able to do some business in that period to sort this glaringly massive problem out. At the same time we're scoring for fun, so that might just be all we need right now. But you have got to see it from our perspective. We have endured years and years of absolute trite and uninspiring football (I realize the irony...) so we're just flying high on the Smith pill at the minute. Also, it's the heart speaking to some extend as it is a big ask, but not an impossible ask either. We're all just very optimistic fans right now and I, for one, am going to enjoy the hell out of it for as long as it lasts.

Edited by osmark86
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Sorry to be pedantic but it is 7 goals in 3 games actually ( includes 0-3 at Boro).The Forest game was just a freak and Albions 2nd should obviously of not counted. It may look from a distance that our defence is poor but that, going forward, will not be the case. Up till Smith took over we did look poor but Tuanzebe & Chester look to have established a good understanding and the full-backs have got much better. I am sure the defence ( 4 CLEAN SHEETS IN 8 ) will be no problem!!

Edited by pintpotvilla
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Merson08 said:

To be fair, were not even half way through so every team still has every team to play against. I understand what your saying, but you have said that your top 8 fixtures are mainly at home and then later that Leeds prefer to play away as teams are expected to attack. Taking this into perspective you have tough games coming up against the top 8 at Elland Road.

Where as Villa are at home but Villa Park is becoming our fortress. This team feels like we can play anyone at Villa Park now.

Its going be any interesting conclusion to the season and there are going to be many twists and turns to come yet, for both of our teams. Either way Villa fans are liking football again which is the most important thing! 

I do prefer us playing away as we have more space but it doesn’t change the fact that we’re breaking teams down at home even when teams are sitting in their own half from the kick off. But we kept getting the wins 

But if you & the rest are chasing us,  coming for a draw isn’t really what you need which will be play into our hands. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

The confidence levels come from the fact that we know the level you need to get out of this division, we were really close last season but this year we have moved on hugely.

The back is a problem, but you know as well as us that this will be sorted in a few games time.

If we can keep up the current level of play we will be promoted!

1 hour ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Hard pill to swallow, but I think it’s just West Midlands clubs that are obsessed with you, that’s the thing. You’re comfortably the biggest side in the region with an absolute classic of a football ground, you’r the logical team to envy. But beyond the West Midlands, you’re relatively insignificant. 

I checked the Leeds forum a couple of weeks back discussing us as a threat and i saw people referring us as "Vile" which is a direct insult and lack of respect to me.

What are their beef against us? Don't understand it

1 hour ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

That i agree with you on. There are some deluded fans on here which have naive expectations.

The reality is we are 10 points behind 2nd. With a defense and keeper like this there is little hope in reaching the top 2 and i don't think the January window will just magically fix our defense. New arrivals need time to adjust and settle in, it's not an over night thing.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LeedsFanJustVisiting said:

Which two games? The last two? Norwich have conceded more in those two against weaker opposition.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

That i agree with you on. There are some deluded fans on here which have naive expectations.

The reality is we are 10 points behind 2nd. With a defense and keeper like this there is little hope in reaching the top 2 and i don't think the January window will just magically fix our defense. New arrivals need time to adjust and settle in, it's not an over night thing.

Just because some of us selfishly haven’t decided to crown Norwich champions in time for their Christmas party, doesn’t make us deluded. 

Hopeful yep, fanciful even. Deluded? Not quite.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Careful there mate.  Just because you dont think its possible no need for the name calling!

Nothing wrong with a bit of optimism!

• Like 3