18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You can play as good football as you want as long as you have a keeper that will do a mistake or 2 in every other game you will neve reach top 2.

And yes Transfer Window and bla bla bla, but we might be 15-16 points behind by then.

Why are you suggesting that? Our form says something different.

We also had 4 Clean Sheets since Smith took over.

Yes I agree that Nyland has a mistake or couple in him. But we have two important games coming in. If we win them then we definitely have a good chance. We also have to look at other teams results. You can’t just assume they will complete their form forever while we’re going to lose ours.

11 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

You can play as good football as you want as long as you have a keeper that will do a mistake or 2 in every other game you will neve reach top 2.

And yes Transfer Window and bla bla bla, but we might be 15-16 points behind by then.

Oh, Steve Bruce, sorry! didn't realise it was you!

Here, Let's hope we don't sign shit come January then and once our season implodes and we're out of play-off contention come March that will hopefully cheer you up a bit. :thumb:

54 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Why are you suggesting that? Our form says something different.

We also had 4 Clean Sheets since Smith took over.

Yes I agree that Nyland has a mistake or couple in him. But we have two important games coming in. If we win them then we definitely have a good chance. We also have to look at other teams results. You can’t just assume they will complete their form forever while we’re going to lose ours.

But we have lost points against Forest and Bagges which Leeds and Norwich have taken advantage off and made the gap even bigger.

Every game have a potential being a draw as long as Nyland is in goal, that is my main worry.

Edited by villalad21

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

But we have lost points against Forest and Bagges which Leeds and Norwich have taken advantage off and made the gap even bigger.

Every game have a potential being a draw as long as Nyland is in goal, that is my main worry.

We’ve taken advantages on Leeds before. We have lost points to Forest and Baggies who are two among the best teams in the League. We have missed couple of chances and got robbed at WBA. We had a run of hard games yet Nyland managed to have 4 clean sheets.

I’m not defending him and would like someone better, but its not as you’re saying. We will drop points and every team will. Hopefully we will beat Stoke and other teams drop points.

If we win our next two games and Leeds lost their next game, we will be only 4 points behind them.

If we can go in a run of 7 wins, things would look much different. Actually no one thought Norwich will be at playoffs let along being the league leaders. They were below us when we had Bruce. If they haven’t beat us I don’t think they would have been at playoff places.

8 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I see where you are coming from but once we get through next 2 games we should win the rest, Nyland or no Nyland.

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Leeds owner is looking to close down Eleven Sports already. I wonder will this have an effect on the club

I'd bet if you listen to the Leeds fans this will only help them

• Haha 1

Its just the UK arm of Eleven Sports, not the whole thing.

He will have lost money, probably a good few million.

Besides we were skint before he did that we will still be skint after, makes no difference.

Radz isnt the sort of owner to spend more then the club can afford.

Frustrating yes.

But sensible i suppose.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What's eleven sports and how will this effect them?

Its a streaming service for sports and have Serie A and La Liga plus golf and trying to get UFC but spent a lot of money and havent got the subscribers they expected. Leeds owner is majority shareholder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What's eleven sports and how will this effect them?

Sports streaming service.

He bought the UK rights to various things, UFC, La Liga etc.

But couldn't agree a deal on distribution through tv services like Sky etc, no surprise.

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

If Leeds dont go up, I read somewhere he will be moving the club onto the next buyer as the championship is just a loss making league for most clubs. Fair enough really. Just hope NSWE dont lose interest if we fail, need these guys to lead us in the Prem.

I personally don't think they will they have put a project together that so far is looking very successful. 

I think in the next 2-3 years we will back where we belong under smith 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

We'll start to see the strength of backups in the next few weeks.

Hogan and O'Hare will both get minutes tomorrow. Hopefully when we're already 4-0 up.

If we beat Leeds and Stoke we could potentially be only 5-6 points behind 2nd. Alots at stake in the upcoming fixtures

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we beat Leeds and Stoke we could potentially be only 5-6 points behind 2nd. Alots at stake in the upcoming fixtures

This is always easy to say before any of the other teams have played.

As it stands, currently 1 win doesn't even take us into the playoff spots.

2 might barely do so, if even at all.

It's going to be a very long, hard slog.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is always easy to say before any of the other teams have played.

As it stands, currently 1 win doesn't even take us into the playoff spots.

2 might barely do so, if even at all.

It's going to be a very long, hard slog.

Correct. We've gotta look after ourselves and just keep winning.

If and when the teams above us drops points along the way, we will hsve already done our bit.

That is the only way we will climb whilst reducing the points deficit as we go hopefully.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1