18/19 Race for Promotion

KJT123

26 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Certainly have. Slight OT on the thread but I'll answer. Watch a lot of the PL2 and he's brilliant. Slotted in a couple of times last season in the Championship too. Got an assist I seem to recall for not a lot of game time. I think he's as close to a like for like replacement we've got currently and I have no concerns he'll hold his own in this league. 

Good to hear.

It is very strange he's been given absolutely zero minutes when there's two positions in the side that look like they would suit him for a 10/20 minute cameo.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Good to hear.

It is very strange he's been given absolutely zero minutes when there's two positions in the side that look like they would suit him for a 10/20 minute cameo.

It's not so strange. O'Hare has ability but all we need to do is shift the formation slightly and there is scope to include players better than him at this point in time.

7 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

Certainly have. Slight OT on the thread but I'll answer. Watch a lot of the PL2 and he's brilliant. Slotted in a couple of times last season in the Championship too. Got an assist I seem to recall for not a lot of game time. I think he's as close to a like for like replacement we've got currently and I have no concerns he'll hold his own in this league. 

I think so too. Don’t need to be big if you have close ball control/ sharp turn to get away / drifting into spaces to receive pass etc. .. these are attribute in the modern game in congested midfield.. even in defense duties , I notice on more on occasion now  , defense midfielder do not go in full tackle to win ball , they just tap/ push it to break attackers momentum & than circulate the loose ball quickly & turn defense into within seconds... ... we will struggle in our push if we don’t have a creative guy in middle as Mcggin is more work rate / long shooting than creating. In Stoke game we really struggle without a creative player in the middle 

I think West Brom may win the title. They look pretty good. I'm still pissed off about that robbery there. That could have helped so badly and what a game for those idiots to make such a mistake and for Tammy to have a stinker :bang:

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think West Brom may win the title. They look pretty good. I'm still pissed off about that robbery there. That could have helped so badly and what a game for those idiots to make such a mistake and for Tammy to have a stinker :bang:

Just console yourself knowing that there were half a dozen other results that have screwed us over this season (if you can console yourself with such a thought). The baggies one is annoying - granted, but it’s not the only one.

17 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Just console yourself knowing that there were half a dozen other results that have screwed us over this season (if you can console yourself with such a thought). The baggies one is annoying - granted, but it’s not the only one.

Yep bruces start has killed us. If we lose tomorrow its hard to see any hope of promotion 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

What a disaster day result wise this is for us.

UWOTDEM???

As it stands only the Baggies and Boro of the teams above us at the start of play are winning.

Norwich/Derby/Sheff Utd all drawing atm while Forest are losing at home.

That's pretty good surely

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

UWOTDEM???

As it stands only the Baggies and Boro of the teams above us at the start of play are winning.

Norwich/Derby/Sheff Utd all drawing atm while Forest are losing at home.

That's pretty good surely

Yep. 2nd place dropping points and 6th place dropping pts. The 2 positions we are trying to reach. 

Edited by DCJonah

1 minute ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Bloody Norwich again ffs

Haha I know. I think we should all agree to just not mention Norwich in this thread while they’re playing, hopefully they’ll take the hint and quietly piss off.