New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, Johnnyp said:

Hard to know what to think about Henry. Didn't contribute enough in his analysis on sky. Lot of cliched stuff, but wouldn't go on that. Hear him getting a lot of credit for Belgium getting to the semis. The height of my managerial experience is FM 2017. If in real life I didn't take that particular group of Belgium players to a QF, id be disappointed. Just not crazy about the idea that we are gonna be the guinea pig club in the Henry experiment.

For the record I think Henry is a bad idea, but what they say on Sky doesn't necessarily indicate their suitability for management.  I give you Gary Neville. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wenger will never work anywhere but Arsenal. 

He says he has no plans to retire, and he ain't going back to Arsenal, so his options will be limited.  If Henry was coming I'd want someone decent above him as manager/DOF/mentor and as Sawiri has lived in London a long time perhaps will see Arsenal as a blueprint.  More likely that Bruce will stay though IMO.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For the record I think Henry is a bad idea, but what they say on Sky doesn't necessarily indicate their suitability for management.  I give you Gary Neville. 

Yep, tv punditry is nothing but criticism. In the words of Spock, it’s always easier to destroy than to create. Being a manager is more than just criticising people when they get stuff wrong, ala sky sports half time rubbish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He be an appalling choice. Zola, zenga, rdm owners making shit first choices based on the career as a player

He has no credentials for job 

Exactly,  I cant think of anything that would make him appealing other than his name! 

I understand some would be happy with anybody but Bruce, but to choose a person with zero managerial expertise is beyond my understanding.

Its not as if we are an easy club to manage currently either!

Edited by Nigel
  • Like 1

I am praying that Henry is going to be announced as new manager of Lyon or some other French or Spanish team.This wrong on so many levels.He would be perfect to take over at an established club that needed more exciting football.Maybe us after Alladyce has got us promoted.

7 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Exactly,  I cant think of anything that would make him appealing other than his name! 

I understand some would be happy with anybody but Bruce, but to choose a person with zero managerial expertise is beyond my understanding.

Its not as if we are an easy club to manage currently either!

Agreed, defies all logic. 

If we no longer have to sell our best players I'm confident we'll see further progression this season under Bruce. 

• Confused 2

I was happy until I read this. To start with a flashy, publicity-grabbing gamble on a totally untried manager would be a worrying sign of either lack of seriousness about running the club or naivety about how you find a good manager. 

• Confused 1

Just now, HeyAnty said:

Our owners both decided at WC semi final game to buy Villa.  I suspect Henry was probably at that game as well watching who they play 3rd place play off

? you could be onto something there...

I’d love Henry to manage Villa purely for the fact he’s Thierry f***ing Henry!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Our owners both decided at WC semi final game to buy Villa.  I suspect Henry was probably at that game as well watching who they play 3rd place play off

Heck maybe he even suggested to them to buy Villa.