New Manager Speculation

maqroll

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

So people want him just because he's literally anyone other than bruce?

Let's give the job to someone like Tim Cahill then. No idea if he's any good at management, but I've heard of him and he's not Steve Bruce.

I was thinking more Efan Ekoku...

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

Let's give the job to someone like Tim Cahill then. No idea if he's any good at management, but I've heard of him and he's not Steve Bruce.

He has just retired from international football.....

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Well Henry has been an assistant manager for the last 2 years so it’s not exactly just a name is it? 

He has been an assistant manager for less than 20 competitive games 

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He has been an assistant manager for less than 20 competitive games 

True but at least he has had some experience. He was coaching at Arsenal before that too.  

The guys a football visionary. I can just feel it in my bones that if we appoint him. We won’t be disappointed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are you sure?

Wonder where all the talk of the last 6 pages have came from?

One tweet.  And as we know anything said on twitter is the bona fide truth. 

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Are you sure?

Wonder where all the talk of the last 6 pages have came from?

No I'm not sure. But from what I've read on here the link is from a mistranslation.

So whilst it's provoked some good discussion, I'm not sure there's an actual link to Henry there.

11 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

He has just retired from international football.....

Geeze, guys, I wasn't ACTUALLY suggesting Tim Cahill. I was just making a point.

• Haha 1

Ooooohhhh.... Lets get Pele. If there is a bigger name in football my aunt is my uncle, he was probably the best footballer who ever lived, he's guaranteed to be a top top manager as Arry would say. 

If we are going to replace Bruce or should be for someone who is a genuine upgrade...e.g Benitez or wenger. Given the steep learning curve and the limited time before the season starts, Henry is too much of a gamble and will be out his depth.

The only way I see that working is if he had an experienced assistant and quality DOF to take the burden. 

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

True but at least he has had some experience. He was coaching at Arsenal before that too.  

The guys a football visionary. I can just feel it in my bones that if we appoint him. We won’t be disappointed.

Football visionary........... Sorry but **** me thats some bullshit 

Do you also believe Roberto Martinez is a visionary? 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

The only way I see that working is if he had an experienced assistant and quality DOF to take the burden. 

I'm really hoping we'll see this regardless of what manager they bring in.

Also wan't a much upgraded coaching and scouting set up. 

22 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah, why not. Give Eric Djema Djema a call too!

That's a good call actually. One could be manager and the other assistant manager, but just one wage thereby saving money. 

That's how these Billionaires get rich you know, thinking out of the box things like that. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

It’s not that confusing. We’ve been linked with Henry and people are discussing him as a possible manager (the majority seemingly think it’s a terrible idea to have a manager with very little experience in charge). So not quite anyone other than Bruce.

Presumably there’s no discussion around Tim Cahill or Jens Lehmann or Luc Nilis as we haven’t been linked with them as our potential new manager. 

Plus, it’s easy to get caught up in the fantasy of unknown entities. I’m almost always more excited about foreign signings than ones I know about domestically. It’s pretty normal. 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Football visionary........... Sorry but **** me thats some bullshit 

Do you also believe Roberto Martinez is a visionary? 

No but I never saw Martinez play. Now before you say it I know being a top players doesn’t mean you’ll be a top coach but the way Henry played the game was a thing of beauty.  So in that sense he was a football visionary. 

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No I'm not sure. But from what I've read on here the link is from a mistranslation.

So whilst it's provoked some good discussion, I'm not sure there's an actual link to Henry there.

Just Google “Thierry Henry”. 

Henry played at Monaco, Juventus, Arsenal and Barcelona. I think it’s a pretty good bet he will be a manager who will at least try and play a slightly more expansive style than Bruce. Bruce is a tactical dinosaur in today’s game. Henry’s CV is impressive enough for me to give him a chance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

FWIW I've wanted us to bring in Luc Nilis to be part of our coaching set up for ages.

As far as I know he's still working as striker coach with PSV.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No but I never saw Martinez play. Now before you say it I know being a top players doesn’t mean you’ll be a top coach but the way Henry played the game was a thing of beauty.  So in that sense he was a football visionary. 

So did Maradona