New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There’s nothing wrong with going for a new guy. Absolutely nothing. You seem to be missing the point. 

My posts were about how people on VT were confident that Henry would work. We know nothing about him as a manager. 

Again, I've not seen a single post where people are confident he would work. More excited by a change in direction, unless you can show me otherwise?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Again, I've not seen a single post where people are confident he would work. More excited by a change in direction, unless you can show me otherwise?

Again, someone wanting us to appoint Henry is confidence. Otherwise why on earth would you want us to do it?

14 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

We need stability...that's why I think we should keep Bruce.

But when we play for the draw at Hull in two weeks time and lose in the last minute from a corner, I'll be wondering why on earth we didn't throw the dice and get in a sparkly new manager.

Honestly, I don't know what I would do. That's why I'll back whatever decision the new owners make.

To be fair if it’s one thing Bruce did put an end to was late goals. I didn’t think we ever conceded after 80th minute when not behind in a game 

But the problem was If we didn’t take the lead in a game we more often than not struggled to break teams down. 

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

Saying it's a Huge Gamble loads, doesn't make it any more of a huge gamble. Any manager now will be a huge gamble. I wonder if people  would be reacting so vehemently if it were Lampard or Terry? I think people are focusing too much on the fact we think he's a name. I'd have loved any of those 3. I'd also of been happy to give Smith a go or the guy from Luton. We desperately need change, like we did off the field, we need it on it too imo

Lampard and Terry are just names too though. For what it's worth I don't think lampard will work at all at Derby, same with all these ex footballers that are just walking into management because of their playing career rather than working their way up in management. 

I can't even think of one reason as to why Henry could even be a remotely sensible option at this stage. Been a number 2 at one of the best teams at a world cup doesn't count for much imo, international football is a whole different game Southgate took us to a semi but we all know he's a dreadful manager! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Lampard and Terry are just names too though. For what it's worth I don't think lampard will work at all at Derby, same with all these ex footballers that are just walking into management because of their playing career rather than working their way up in management. 

I can't even think of one reason as to why Henry could even be a remotely sensible option at this stage. Been a number 2 at one of the best teams at a world cup doesn't count for much imo, international football is a whole different game Southgate took us to a semi but we all know he's a dreadful manager! 

Yeah if only Southgate had been average, we would have won it!

Sod it, let’s get Henry with Wenger as DOF. It might not work, but it could and at least it will, initially at the very least, be exciting for a change. Plus if we keep Sir Brian as an adviser to the board, think of the fun we can have innuendo bingo. I’ll set the ball rolling with Henry’s got a Little Wenger. ?

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

It isn’t confidence? It’s just wanting a change. Could go well, could fail. Same as literally every other managerial appointment. No-one has said “Henry would be a brilliant appointment”. 

I'm confused.

So people want him just because he's literally anyone other than bruce?

Let's give the job to someone like Tim Cahill then. No idea if he's any good at management, but I've heard of him and he's not Steve Bruce.

29 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

Is he? I'd have him in a heartbeat

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

Let's give the job to someone like Tim Cahill then. No idea if he's any good at management, but I've heard of him and he's not Steve Bruce.

Are we linked to Tim Cahill??

Just now, Stevo985 said:

No. But we're not really linked with Henry either.

True but the speculation is the only reason people are warming to the idea. It’s not like they’ve plucked Henry’s name out the air and now everyone wants him as manager. 

Although I do find it strange that the only place I could find linking us to Henry last week was Villatalk. Now a week later the Mirror runs with it. 

Are they really that lazy? 

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm confused.

Dwight Yorke and Sol Canpbell are names. We should go for them too

• Like 1