New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Just now, Jareth said:

John Snow

Sorry I should of reacted like an adult not a stroppy teen.... day in a beer garden .... to back my statement up I used to work for OUFC and still stay in touch with the old owner who is a bluenose and close to Bruce (attended both recent funerals ) ..... he told me last week to ten days ago Bruce was close to walking and kept threatening to walk ... now he is begging to stay.... 

Just now, thabucks said:

Sorry I should of reacted like an adult not a stroppy teen.... day in a beer garden .... to back my statement up I used to work for OUFC and still stay in touch with the old owner who is a bluenose and close to Bruce (attended both recent funerals ) ..... he told me last week to ten days ago Bruce was close to walking and kept threatening to walk ... now he is begging to stay.... 

I believe you, I'm sure Bruce sees the opportunity here and he is right to have got narked off. Fascinated to see what the new owners do next. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Our owners both decided at WC semi final game to buy Villa.  I suspect Henry was probably at that game as well watching who they play 3rd place play off

they were in america watching the game together, this was the first WC since 94 WE didn't attend

the henry link has already been admitted as a translation mistake, im not sure why its still being talked about

I wish Thierry would just come out and put it to bed if it wasn’t true, if it was an article lost is translation he should do so. At the same time, I just can’t understand leaving a job without having something else lined up... ?

doesn't really make sense for him to deny it, if he is trying to get in to management then its a good link for him to have his name against, good level for a starting point 

i hope someone interviews dwight yorke if it does happen

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

Our owners both decided at WC semi final game to buy Villa.  I suspect Henry was probably at that game as well watching who they play 3rd place play off

They were watching the game in a hotel in USA at some billionaires shindig so I doubt Henry would have been there. 

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What about the World Cup made them want to buy Villa? ?

Pity.

Or it's just the beginning in their quest for Aston villa to win the world cup !

Edited by dounavilla

16 minutes ago, striker said:

Wenger who I have the greatest respect for is too old now to replicate at another club what he did at Arsenal.

I disagree, he has a choice, wither and die, or make a point - would love him to come to villa and show old dogs can learn new tricks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be so sure that Henry is a good option?!

Every good manager got there start somewhere why not here we are in the championship after all

We have tried the old tried and tested manager and still got us nowhere at least Henry play good attacking football which would be nice for a change

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

To back thabucks up he also shared this with me before the Takeover and yes he is very worried about his job (I don't know at this stage if he should be, he ought to be) 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be so sure that Henry is a good option?!

He’s the complete unknown.

I wouldn’t mind it happening at all, though. If it isn’t going to be Bruce, it might as well be an exciting prospect. 

• Like 1