New Manager Speculation

maqroll

48 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Won't be hsppening as he has now retired as a player, shelved his plans to become a manager and has taken the role at Sky Television (obviously replacing the hole Henry has left).

I am still mainly convinced Henry is going to be our new manager or maybe someone else, but it won't be Bruce.

Terry made right decision to retire in my view

Did not disgrace himself at villa and mtime to go on a high. I would be a pundit any day than a manager looks more fun and so much less stress.

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Terry made right decision to retire in my view

Did not disgrace himself at villa and mtime to go on a high. I would be a pundit any day than a manager looks more fun and so much less stress.

Absolutely less stress. Being a non-successful manager just basically means getting abuse from fans whilst trying to do your job. “Fun”. You must be completely in love with the game to want to go through it. 

• Like 1

So much for promotion then. Georgie Bingham on Talksport just said we could end up in League Two. What qualifies her to reach a conclusion like that? She went on to add that she hopes she's wrong before talking about the calorific content of her first ever Burger King meal namely a ? chicken burger. Sorry I just needed to share what I had the misfortune of hearing on what claims to be a sports programme. I will leave her talking about her big six clubs and avoid her shows at all costs from now onwards. I'm fuming and feel like telling her where to shove her 1,500 calories a day but ringing her sad show is probably what she wants.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Absolutely less stress. Being a non-successful manager just basically means getting abuse from fans whilst trying to do your job. “Fun”. You must be completely in love with the game to want to go through it. 

Agree 100% mate. Before Bruce came here he looked like had los5 tonnes of weight and fresh. Looking at him today he looks stressed overweight and red in the face.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Agree 100% mate. Before Bruce came here he looked like had los5 tonnes of weight and fresh. Looking at him today he looks stressed overweight and red in the face.

When i went to the Telford friendly last week he looked like he was in pain walking.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

True, and in Bruce's case events outside football no doubt added to it.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, John said:

So much for promotion then. Georgie Bingham on Talksport just said we could end up in League Two. What qualifies her to reach a conclusion like that? She went on to add that she hopes she's wrong before talking about the calorific content of her first ever Burger King meal namely a ? chicken burger. Sorry I just needed to share what I had the misfortune of hearing on what claims to be a sports programme. I will leave her talking about her big six clubs and avoid her shows at all costs from now onwards. I'm fuming and feel like telling her where to shove her 1,500 calories a day but ringing her sad show is probably what she wants.

Oh Jesus.. ..don't get me started on that dopey bint !! As soon as I hear her voice I switch off or over. 

Hawksbee and Jacobs do a clips of the week on their show, fri 3.30pm, where they play back other presenters' cock ups and she features on a regular basis. She seems to think she's some kind of ass kicking journo, full of relevance and biting opinions when, in reality she has as much credibility as Micky Quinn.

She is radio's version of that West Ham munter Bianca Westwood on Sky.

Edited by mottaloo
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, John said:

I have absolutely no idea who that person is ?

5 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Would Henry really have walked away from his cushy 80k a week deal with Sky sports without having something lined up? 

And his Belgium job

New owners always have new ideas, I wonder if they want to go a totally different direction? Bruce is the manager of the football club. For all we know maybe they want a head coach and a sporting structure (who they probably already have lined up) in place. Maybe they just want someone who can coach players as opposed to do everything, just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So he's left his Belgium job too? 

Was sure I read he had but might have been mistaken :unsure:

Might have jumped the gun there...

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

FWIW, hiring any manager is taking a chance. Steve Bruce has enjoyed success at this level elsewhere, but many people want him gone.

Whoever replaces him does not guarantee promotion - be it Guardiola, Benitez, Smith or Henry. 

Bruce may have enjoyed success elsewhere, but so far not here after 2 tries. Maybe the 3rd time's the charm, but I'd rather take the gamble at this point. Worst case scenario we'd be exactly where Bruce is likely to leave us.

• Like 2

Interesting if it was Henry, seeing as he’s been coaching a 3-5-2 formation with Belgium and that’s what Bruce has been doing all pre season. 

I’d still want Dean Smith though: plays better football, utilises the transfer market better, buys young players and develops them for a profit (Ollie Watkins the latest one apparently that’s going to make big money for them)....and he’s a villa fan (which doesn’t really hold any bearing on the football side of things but will understand the ethics of the club first hand at least). 

As an owner, you want a manager who’s on an upward trajectory. Bruce to me is not.

5 minutes ago, holtend4life said:

Interesting if it was Henry, seeing as he’s been coaching a 3-5-2 formation with Belgium and that’s what Bruce has been doing all pre season. 

I’d still want Dean Smith though: plays better football, utilises the transfer market better, buys young players and develops them for a profit (Ollie Watkins the latest one apparently that’s going to make big money for them)....and he’s a villa fan (which doesn’t really hold any bearing on the football side of things but will understand the ethics of the club first hand at least). 

As an owner, you want a manager who’s on an upward trajectory. Bruce to me is not.

I'm not sure it's Dean that does any of that stuff