New Manager Speculation

maqroll

4 hours ago, Kingman said:

Would Henry really have walked away from his cushy 80k a week deal with Sky sports without having something lined up? 

No. You don't quit a job in order to lool for another one, you quit because you've already found another one. 

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I'm starting to think it is Henry. He's quit his Sky and Belgium jobs, with no mention of what he's doing next. If he wants to go into club management, Villa would probably he the tempting level to go in at - he's never going to work up from non league or L2, but he's smart enough to know he's not ready for the top leagues yet. Villa are a big enough name, but not in the full glare of the Premier League spotlight. With very rich owners (albeit hamstrung for a while by FFP). It fits. 

He wouldn't be my choice, but I could see it happening. 

I'm beginning to think the same. 

Hard to know what to think about Henry. Didn't contribute enough in his analysis on sky. Lot of cliched stuff, but wouldn't go on that. Hear him getting a lot of credit for Belgium getting to the semis. The height of my managerial experience is FM 2017. If in real life I didn't take that particular group of Belgium players to a QF, id be disappointed. Just not crazy about the idea that we are gonna be the guinea pig club in the Henry experiment.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm thinking this might be closer to the actual set up and there are things we don't know yet. ;)

Christ I hope so, a head coach who is tasked with getting the best out of the players and working with a DOF to come up with a plan together about acquisitions etc. The DOF looks after the scouts and the other coaches from u11s upwards...

Please let this be happening finally. It's time we took a step into the 21st century as a club...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Christ I hope so, a head coach who is tasked with getting the best out of the players and working with a DOF to come up with a plan together about acquisitions etc. The DOF looks after the scouts and the other coaches from u11s upwards...

Please let this be happening finally. It's time we took a step into the 21st century as a club...

Wenger as DOF - Mind.... Blown

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He be an appalling choice. Zola, zenga, rdm owners making shit first choices based on the career as a player

He has no credentials for job 

This pretty much. People saying he got lukaku right at the world cup .. FFS...he didn't take a league one journeyman and get him banging in goals. His stock went up because himself and the spoofer Martinez got over Brazil. Japan played them off the pitch and tactically were too smart for them...but they are tiny people and lost so!!!

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

This pretty much. People saying he got lukaku right at the world cup .. FFS...he didn't take a league one journeyman and get him banging in goals. His stock went up because himself and the spoofer Martinez got over Brazil. Japan played them off the pitch and tactically were too smart for them...but they are tiny people and lost so!!!

Lukaku also had shit tournament in general. Scored vs panama and tunisia and nothing after that

• Like 1

I don’t know what an assistant manager does, can some one explain the role of the manager and the role of the assistant manager?

Seems most people are against Henry, but he could actually be really good, look at Zidane and pep, they got huge jobs without ever having managed before, Infact I think most of the recent managerial appointments in Spain seem t be ex top players 

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t know what an assistant manager does, can some one explain the role of the manager and the role of the assistant manager?

Seems most people are against Henry, but he could actually be really good, look at Zidane and pep, they got huge jobs without ever having managed before, Infact I think most of the recent managerial appointments in Spain seem t be ex top players 

Zidane and pep got jobs at clubs where anyone could look good and get some level of success.  Can't reference those and villa really as an example. Much much different.

• Like 1

It's strange because i was actually a bit jealous when Derby got Lampard, yet I'm really unsure about Henry. 

There is no logic at all to that really, because neither have any experience. I guess I'm just looking into more seen as its my club rather than Derby. 

At least RDM had managed West Brom back to the PL from this league, and I still think he was a total chancer. Henry has exactly zero management experience. He has assistant management experience at an international level, and has never played in this league. 

Just don’t think it’s a good idea. If we replace Bruce it has to be now, and it has to be with someone experienced... in my humble opinion. 

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

Henry as manager would be a huge risk due to his lack of experience and the size of this job at hand. A lot of work still needs doing at this club, Bruce has stabilised us and improved us as we looked to be sliding towards the lower regions of the Championship and god forbid League 1.

Henry was no doubt a great player, and he may inspire the youngsters and players within the squad in the short term. I know nothing about his credentials of management and strategic thinking for the long term. I guess a lot will come down to the team of backroom staff and assistants that are bought in to help.

I think we were close to promotion last season, and maybe keeping Bruce and allowing him to bring back Snodders and a few other loans may represent our best chance of promotion this season.

Henry would be a roll of the dice, it could be a disaster it could be a master stroke. My inkling is it is more likely to end in disaster, if disaster is not gaining promotion this season.

56 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wenger as DOF - Mind.... Blown

Yeah... they would be an awesome duo.

If our new overlords understood anything about football, this was already done.

• Like 2