New Manager Speculation

maqroll

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What about the World Cup made them want to buy Villa? ?

It’s coming home

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Every good manager got there start somewhere why not here we are in the championship after all

We have tried the old tried and tested manager and still got us nowhere at least Henry play good attacking football which would be nice for a change

We have no proof henry plays attacking football

Plus last manager like that played worst football ever in Lambert

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

We have no proof that Henry can play any kind of football!

He is literally just a name!

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t understand how anyone can be so sure that Henry is a good option?!

Who’s so sure? All I read is either a) how much of a big mistake and disaster it will be or b) it’s a massive gamble but let’s do it!!

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I agree we’re all assuming that Henry plays attacking football, but really haven’t got a clue. However since we’re enjoying a happy few days that’s the best thing to assume in the absence of any evidence. 

However I’m struggling with your second sentence, in what way is Thierry Henry like Paul Lambert?

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well you can only go on which teams he has coached and played which are possession based attacking teams and Lambert was old school hard man midfielder hard to compare him with somebody like Henry who finesse and flowing football.

Can't be worse than what Bruce was serving up going to the likes of Brentford and getting played off the park

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Who’s so sure? All I read is either a) how much of a big mistake and disaster it will be or b) it’s a massive gamble but let’s do it!!

There are plenty of people who want it to happen, which suggests they’re pretty sure. 

Its an absolutely massive gamble. Might be a genius move, but I just don’t know where people are getting their confidence. Henry has done nothing. 

I know that the season may not be as effected by our finances as we first thought with this new investment, but Henry still feels like an unnecessary gamble. 

22 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

I don't think anyone is SO sure. I'm not at all. I can't face another season of Bruce and have wanted change for sometime. I was excited and jealous when Derby got Lampard as it all felt so fresh (no one can be sure there either) so the idea of Henry who has played and then coached under the direction of Wenger (who has equally seen both Viera and Arteta become good managers too) excites me by the 'what if' and the fresh direction it takes us in. I've written off promotion. I had all summer to forget about that one when we couldn't beat fulham as we sat and aimed to not get beat for 45 mins. So if it's a season of transition then it needs to be with a fresh approach and a new guy, with a new team (coaches) and a new way....UTV

When did Viera and Arteta become good managers?

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are plenty of people who want it to happen, which suggests they’re pretty sure. 

Its an absolutely massive gamble. Might be a genius move, but I just don’t know where people are getting their confidence. Henry has done nothing. 

I know that the season may not be as effected by our finances as we first thought with this new investment, but Henry still feels like an unnecessary gamble. 

Maybe. If it did happen I’d be interested to see who his coaches were. May not just be about Henry but the whole setup. Could have some top people with him that are bought in to the long term project. 

My ideal choice would be Rafa. He has taken Newcastle as far as he can under Mike Ashley. Maybe he fancies a new long term challenge. 

• Like 2

Before Friday most of us had written off next season as a battle against both administration and relegation. The best we hoped for was mid table. So surely this is the perfect time to appoint a manager who can grow with us without any initial pressure to achieve promotion. I don’t know if that should be Thierry Henry or anyone else, but after the summer we’ve had I think perhaps any new manager will be allowed a decent honeymoon period. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Well you could say it's a gamble leaving bruce in place as he has proven that he couldn't get us up last season with a very good squad albeit he came close but fact is he failed

It's all about opinion mine is I rather try something new that might work than doing the same again with bruce

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gaffer85 said:

Well you could say it's a gamble leaving bruce in place as he has proven that he couldn't get us up last season with a very good squad albeit he came close but fact is he failed

It's all about opinion mine is I rather try something new that might work than doing the same again with bruce

That’s fine. But we could try something new that doesn’t involve appointing a complete rookie 

Chance  to extend his career. 

Chance to resurrect a genuine sleeping giant. 

Chance to prove his detractors at Arsenal wrong. 

Chance to completely change the footballing philosophy of a club again.

Because we’re Aston Villa.

The last one should be the only one you need. :flag:

• Like 2

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

Chance  to extend his career. 

Chance to resurrect a genuine sleeping giant. 

Chance to prove his detractors at Arsenal wrong. 

Chance to completely change the footballing philosophy of a club again.

Because we’re Aston Villa.

The last one should be the only one you need. :flag:

The above was my answer to Cliffy’s post, but I pushed something wrong!

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s fine. But we could try something new that doesn’t involve appointing a complete rookie 

I know what your saying I suppose now with the new owners we might be able to attract someone but who that would be realistically I don't know