New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Andre Villas-Boas is available and with our new owners and some backing he might fancy the challenge. Chelsea didn't break the managerial record for him for no reason but his profile has dropped off a lot since then.

I just want someone young who can build for the future rather than these awful British managers that just go jumping around the bottom half of the prem/champ teams getting them nowhere.

Even his name is perfect. 

Boa means good in Portuguese, Villa means Villa in English so "Villas Good"

Sign him up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, kiltorken said:

Even his name is perfect. 

Boa means good in Portuguese, Villa means Villa in English so "Villas Good"

Sign him up

Could be our Arsene (Arsenal)

I don’t think he would come here, he would be an exciting appointment though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Andre Villas-Boas is available and with our new owners and some backing he might fancy the challenge. Chelsea didn't break the managerial record for him for no reason but his profile has dropped off a lot since then.

I just want someone young who can build for the future rather than these awful British managers that just go jumping around the bottom half of the prem/champ teams getting them nowhere.

That would be a dream signing. Would show our ambition.

Second would be Rodgers. If McGinn turned down European football I can't see why it's something that would keep Brendan in Scotland.

Just please don't be lazy and hire someone off the merry manager go round.

I want the next Klopp...  Someone who oozes charisma and is an astute tactician.  I don't know who that is because I don't know enough about up and coming managers, but that's who we need.  If Purslow comes out and gets us someone in the Moyes/Hodgson/Fat Sam/Pulis/Warnock/Pardew mold, we're ****...

• Like 1

Honestly I don't think Purslow should be the man choosing the next manager.

I think he should have a role to play in finding one however DOF should have a huge influence on this.

I would rather see a DOF appointed before Bruce is sacked.

It would give me more confidence that there is some sort of plan in place.

My short list would be:

Paul Cook

Neil Harris 

Chris Wilder

Eddie Howe

Chris Hughton

I know Wilder is a Sheffield UTD fan but i think any of that top 3 wouldn't be to difficult to get. 

Howe and Hughton would obviously be more difficult to persuade for obvious reasons, but i don't think either are unrealistic.

For what it's worth, with Gerrard and Lampard starting of well it really wouldn't suprise me if the club went for a recently retired "big name" like Henry or Terry. It's not necessarily the route I'd go down, but i think they'd probably view it as a statement of intent. 

8 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Honestly I don't think Purslow should be the man choosing the next manager.

I think he should have a role to play in finding one however DOF should have a huge influence on this.

I would rather see a DOF appointed before Bruce is sacked.

It would give me more confidence that there is some sort of plan in place.

Genuine question because i really don't know. How many clubs actually have directors of football these days? 

On 02/09/2018 at 12:46, Tony said:

Always liked the idea of klopps old assistant Buvac “the brain” behind developing the high press system as described by Klopp. 

Look up "Gegen Pressing" its been around for years.....its just probably down to them deciding to use it.

6 hours ago, Dave J said:

I've said this for a long time - Howe is the man we should break the bank for - love his attitude, humility and approach to the game, he is everything I want from a villa manager - we should at very least test his resolve 

Got homesick at Burnley, or whatever reason he gave and went back to Bournemouth. Can't afford that to happen, I think he's happy at Bournemouth and wants to do well with them. There's only 3 choices for me and I'm only including people I've heard of. 

Rodgers, Rafa and Villas-Boas.

Too big for Dean Smith I think, plus I believe he thinks he can get promotion with Brentford. 

20 minutes ago, El-Reacho said:

I wonder does AVB have any affiliation to Jorge Mendes?

Yep, they are good friends and he played a part in AVB managing Zenit

39 minutes ago, av1 said:

My short list would be:

Paul Cook

Neil Harris 

Chris Wilder

Eddie Howe

Chris Hughton

I know Wilder is a Sheffield UTD fan but i think any of that top 3 wouldn't be to difficult to get. 

Howe and Hughton would obviously be more difficult to persuade for obvious reasons, but i don't think either are unrealistic.

For what it's worth, with Gerrard and Lampard starting of well it really wouldn't suprise me if the club went for a recently retired "big name" like Henry or Terry. It's not necessarily the route I'd go down, but i think they'd probably view it as a statement of intent.

Neil Harris would be a crazily risky appointment - only had one job and is a Millwall legend.  Paul Cook too tbh; never been at these heights before. He’s done a great job at Wigan but it’s only been, what, 2 seasons? I don’t like just going for flavour of the month.

Can’t see Wilder leaving Sheff Utd at all, let alone for another Championship side - he’s worked his way up well, but boyhood club as you say.

I think we probably need to go for “a name”, be it managerially or a recently retired footballer.

4 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Didn't Eddie Howe leave Burnley as manager as was homesick then rejoining Bournemouth?

I wouldn't go for him and he prefers the South of the country.

I think you are correct - however Burnley and Villa are still a world apart.

i reckon Howe could easily negotiate himself a couple of private charters back to the south coast per week - I think he is definitely ready now to move upwards and the lure of managing a giant might just be too tempting to turn down - Bournemouth is a shining example of a club - but cannot compare to us - despite the current status between us 

6 minutes ago, Dave J said:

I think you are correct - however Burnley and Villa are still a world apart.

i reckon Howe could easily negotiate himself a couple of private charters back to the south coast per week - I think he is definitely ready now to move upwards and the lure of managing a giant might just be too tempting to turn down - Bournemouth is a shining example of a club - but cannot compare to us - despite the current status between us 

I doubt he could give a shit about the difference in size of the two clubs.  He's got almost the dream job, a Premier League team with no huge expectation in a city with probably the best beach in the country.