New Manager Speculation

maqroll

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

To get out the division Allardyce is probably the best and most realistic option. I dislike his football but he gets results. I'd take his style if it meant getting promotion. I'd happily sacrifice style for points. Look at West Ham, fat Sam was the best manager they had in years. Now they are **** but at least they have their fancy foreign flair manager they  all demanded.

Bruce has a good record of promotion :trollface:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KHV said:

To get out the division Allardyce is probably the best and most realistic option. I dislike his football but he gets results. I'd take his style if it meant getting promotion. I'd happily sacrifice style for points. Look at West Ham, fat Sam was the best manager they had in years. Now they are **** but at least they have their fancy foreign flair manager they  all demanded.

It’s about knowing when the right time is to bin Allardyce. Everton played it right, now with Silva in charge they are doing well. The key with Allardyce is never ever keep him on longer than required. It’s the same with Bruce, Pulis etc. Personally I don’t want him here as I don’t think he is what we need now.

3 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

It’s about knowing when the right time is to bin Allardyce. Everton played it right, now with Silva in charge they are doing well. The key with Allardyce is never ever keep him on longer than required. It’s the same with Bruce, Pulis etc. Personally I don’t want him here as I don’t think he is what we need now.

He best skill is organising a tram. That's the main thing we need . We are all over the shop at the moment. At least he plays people in the right place!

1 minute ago, KHV said:

He best skill is organising a tram. That's the main thing we need . We are all over the shop at the moment. At least he plays people in the right place!

All aboard the Allardyce train?

We don't want to be left at the station.

Not for me thou

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

As @jackbauer24 has said, there is no such things as a long term manager anymore. The days of Wenger and Fergie are gone. I’d be amazed if Mourinho doesn’t go this season, and Conte didn’t last long at Chelsea, and it’s the same with smaller clubs. 

Gian Pieri Gasperini has been at Atalanta for a couple of years and they have really over achieved under him. Would like to see what he could do with us, although no Championship experience... does that really matter?

3 promotions minimum or not interested. Pep can do one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

People seriously would want Sam here?

No.

Bruce and Sam are cut from the same cloth.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to put forward an argument to sack Bruce and employ Sam. 

Sam epitomizes the very reasons i want Bruce gone. 

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Next Villa manager needs to be able to neck a pint of wine. 

Only one man for the job! 

Not sure about his management skills, but he'd probably get on with RMC and he'd certainly drive the wage bill down. There are a few lads on our books that I'd like to see on zero hour contracts. 

20170703-the18-image-mike-ashley.jpg?ito

Edited by av1

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

Bruce and Sam are cut from the same cloth.

I think it would be incredibly difficult to put forward an argument to sack Bruce and employ Sam. 

Sam epitomizes the very reasons i want Bruce gone. 

If i'm honest, I view Sam, and even Warnock, as better versions of Bruce himself.

So that should show you just how bad it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If i'm honest, I view Sam, and even Warnock, as better versions of Bruce himself.

I agree, Sam Allardyce is definitely an upgrade on Bruce. He usually gets his teams consistently in top half of PL. Whether the fans would stomach his football, probably not.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

That may very well be the case, and for what its worth I'd agree with you. 

But i couldn't very well argue for Bruce to be sacked because of XYZ, and then suggest Sam as a replacement. He may well do those things slightly better, but i don't want to slightly improve upon the things i think are damaging to our long term success, i want a fresh long term sustainable model. 

Sam won't provide that. 

I know it would require him dropping down a league, but does anyone think a good sell could convince Eddie Howe out of Bournemouth?

They are such a small club relative to most their competition that they are never going to punch to far above their weight, and it's unlikely that his time at Bournemouth will ever convince any of the "big boys" to take a chance. 

1 steo back to potentially take a couple of steps forward might appeal to him?

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

People seriously would want Sam here?

No.

I don’t think big Sam would take the job - he held Everton to a hard bargain before going there - don’t see him dropping now a division again and also he’s Bruce’s mate so I doubt would want to take it -besd\does that his style of football is no better than Bruce .

Hopefully Mendes has another potential Nuno up his sleeve .