New Manager Speculation

maqroll

36 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Agree to disagree?

So just for the record, you think that being relegated with a team and continuing with them is exactly the same dynamic as leaving a club in the top division to manage a club a division below?

You're right, it's not happening and it's a fairly pointless debate but I'd still like to know.

Not arguing, move on.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It really doesn't sound that far - fetched. What's the limit with dear old, Bournemouth ? He's achieved mid - table mediocrity, I can't see him exceeding that success. He might well see us as a poison chalice, or he might see the potential, ( rich, new, owners ) and challenge, in being able to take this club back to challenging for the top six of the Premier.

The only concern for me would be maybe the job is too big for him, maybe Bournemouth is his comfort zone.

I've said this for a long time - Howe is the man we should break the bank for - love his attitude, humility and approach to the game, he is everything I want from a villa manager - we should at very least test his resolve 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

Andre Villas-Boas is available and with our new owners and some backing he might fancy the challenge. Chelsea didn't break the managerial record for him for no reason but his profile has dropped off a lot since then.

I just want someone young who can build for the future rather than these awful British managers that just go jumping around the bottom half of the prem/champ teams getting them nowhere.

I agree with your sentiment but I think the last bit is a bit of a disservice to the likes of Chris Hughton, Howe, Brendan Rodgers, even the likes of Dean Smith.

Even the newer generation of British manager is evolving.

We simply have a relic from the old guard.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rubberman said:

My thought too.  Apparently Arsenal were very impressed by him.  Always some risk in a first appointment but would be one worth taking if he could be persuaded to come.

There is always some risk - but that is taking a punt and hoping it works. Quite a few clubs were impressed with Remi Garde and Tim Sherwood - but only Aston Villa were stupid enough to take the gamble.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Young

Fresh

Progressive

Ambitious

Innovative

Bold

Tactically astute

Forward thinking

Has a philosophy, and does everything to maintain and meet it.

Sexy, and looks good in a suit.

Don't know who that is, but that's who the board need to sign.

Cheers guys.

Chris wilder

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Young

Fresh

Progressive

Ambitious

Innovative

Bold

Tactically astute

Forward thinking

Cheers guys.

Olof.  It's time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree with your sentiment but I think the last bit is a bit of a disservice to the likes of Chris Hughton, Howe, Brendan Rodgers, even the likes of Dean Smith.

Even the newer generation of British manager is evolving.

We simply have a relic from the old guard.

Not to be a pedant but one if not two of the managers you've noted there do not consider themselves to be British.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Agree to disagree?

So just for the record, you think that being relegated with a team and continuing with them is exactly the same dynamic as leaving a club in the top division to manage a club a division below?

You're right, it's not happening and it's a fairly pointless debate but I'd still like to know.

Fill that void.

4 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Bournemouth definitely have a ceiling and he may have already hit it. My only concern, seems a home bird.  Spent nearly all his playing career at Bournemouth.  Couldn't settle when he went Burnley to manage them either.

That would be my concern, although, Burnley doesn't exactly strike me as idyllic, for a man whose spent the best part of his years in Bournemouth. You could probably say the same for Birmingham.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Young

Fresh

Progressive

Ambitious

Innovative

Bold

Tactically astute

Forward thinking

Cheers guys.

Sounds like Steve Bruce 

• Confused 1

Could I please have Arsene Wenger as DOF, and then Terry as player coach ( defence), Arteta As midfield coach, and Henry as forwards coach/ Manager. Or I’ll be Manager, or whoever.Dont mind.

At least then I can have a week or so when I can fool myself into thinking everything is going to work out fine.

Coz I’ve got no idea at all who we coukd appoint that’s going to sort us out, but it’s not going to be Dean Smith or Sam bloody Allerdyce.