New Manager Speculation

maqroll

Why are people mentioning premier league managers like Bentiez, Howe and Hughton?

When has a manager ever quit a premier league job to drop down to the championship? its very deluded thinking, and quite frankly not going to happen

Just now, Junxs said:

Why are people mentioning premier league managers like Bentiez, Howe and Hughton?

When has a manager ever quit a premier league job to drop down to the championship? its very deluded thinking, and quite frankly not going to happen

Steve Bruce kind of did it

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Steve Bruce kind of did it

No he left Hull and planned on a break from the game, after 4 months Villa came calling and he was ready for action again..

Thats not the same at all as a manager being poached from the Premier league by a Championship side

44 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Whilst I would agree about Rafa - Howe and Hougjton could be forgiven for thinking that we have more potential for being in the top flight over the next 5 years than their current clubs might be - particularly if they believe enough in their own abilities 

I’m not very active on Twitter.  Has there still been silence from the players since Saturday?  The only things I’ve seen from the club have been birthdays and on this day in history nostalgia.  I did see Alex Bruce tweet with his dad in Belfast.  Maybe we’re waiting till he’s back in town, face to face, to act?

17 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Whilst I would agree about Rafa - Howe and Hougjton could be forgiven for thinking that we have more potential for being in the top flight over the next 5 years than their current clubs might be - particularly if they believe enough in their own abilities 

Brighton are set up to be a slow building club, they will be a consistent top 10 club in the next 5 years.

Edited by Tommo_b

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Neil Harris would be a crazily risky appointment - only had one job and is a Millwall legend.  Paul Cook too tbh; never been at these heights before. He’s done a great job at Wigan but it’s only been, what, 2 seasons? I don’t like just going for flavour of the month.

Cook has done well at nearly every club he managed. Got Portsmouth promoted as well in recent seasons

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Genuine question because i really don't know. How many clubs actually have directors of football these days? 

most clubs in Europe do. United are currently advertising for one

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

I’m not very active on Twitter.  Has there still been silence from the players since Saturday?  The only things I’ve seen from the club have been birthdays and on this day in history nostalgia.  I did see Alex Bruce tweet with his dad in Belfast.  Maybe we’re waiting till he’s back in town, face to face, to act?

Nyland sent an apology on Sunday.