New Manager Speculation

maqroll

7 hours ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Have I entered the twilight zone or summat, the JT thread is full off musings about having him as interim manager. Now I'm reading Sherwood was ok and wasn't given a chance.

Christ on a bike

You don't want Henry cos he's not experienced enough, yet he probably has more coaching experience than the two of them put together.

Rodgers or Rafa, not interested in anyone else. And preferably before Blackburn. Now I'm definitely in the twighlight zone

I'm sure Rafa would love to work for the guy who sacked him at Liverpool

I understand people’s point when they say Arteta is only good because of the squad he works with. However if you had a bright shiny racing car in the garage would you rather have your grandma drive it or Lewis Hamilton?

Man City employ the best on and off the pitch. I know that good coaches don’t always make good managers, but to discount someone because they work with the best, seems rather strange. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

I understand people’s point when they say Arteta is only good because of the squad he works with. However if you had a bright shiny racing car in the garage would you rather have your grandma drive it or Lewis Hamilton?

Man City employ the best on and off the pitch. I know that good coaches don’t always make good managers, but to discount someone because they work with the best, seems rather strange. 

He has no management experience though. He has no knowledge to set up a defence which we badly need. 

I also suspect he do a Houllier by changing style of play without having the players available to him. Tiki taki with Hutton and Jedi

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has no management experience though. He has no knowledge to set up a defence which we badly need. 

I also suspect he do a Houllier by changing style of play without having the players available to him. Tiki taki with Hutton and Jedi

Do you really think that as a senior coach at Man City he doesn’t know how to set up a defence??

I agree he has no management experience, but he will start somewhere so perhaps we should take the risk. Pochetinho had no experience in the PL, Southampton gave him the chance and now we have no chance of getting a manager like him. 

We currently have a very experienced manager and a former league winning CB and look at the mess he’s got us into at the back. 

The thing with experience is, some people have lots of different experiences and some people just have the same experience lots of times. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Do you really think that as a senior coach at Man City he doesn’t know how to set up a defence??

I agree he has no management experience, but he will start somewhere so perhaps we should take the risk. Pochetinho had no experience in the PL, Southampton gave him the chance and now we have no chance of getting a manager like him. 

We currently have a very experienced manager and a former league winning CB and look at the mess he’s got us into at the back. 

The thing with experience is, some people have lots of different experiences and some people just have the same experience lots of times. 

The manager of City cant even set up a defence ? 

I think we need a manager with managerial experience while still young and has fresh ideas. 

I don't want anybody from the merry go round or to be a training course for a big name ex player

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

The manager of City cant even set up a defence ? 

I think we need a manager with managerial experience while still young and has fresh ideas. 

I don't want anybody from the merry go round or to be a training course for a big name ex player

I don’t want to be anyone’s leg up, or experiment either. Neither do I want to reject anyone because of predetermined ideas of what we need. The ideal manager, fresh ideas, relatively young and with managerial experience are out there, but they will come from abroad, and/or the lower divisions. Inevitably they will be a risk, every appointment is, you reduce that risk by being a top club in the Premier League who can attract the likes of Guardiola and Klopp. Presently that’s not where we are, so we have to try to find the next gem, who may have little or no experience as a manager.

I honestly have no idea who that maybe, but we have stuck to these limited parameters, must have PL experience, must be unemployed, etc and this is where’s it’s got us. Perhaps now we can appoint someone from left field and have a proper structure and finances to back him. Unlike Garde who was the only recent left field appointment who whether he was good or not, was hung out to dry by Lerner and Fox.

Just as an add on, Pep Guardiola’s only job in management before taking over at Barcelona, was the Barcelona B team. 

Edited by DaveAV1

First post in here as I was up until very recently in the Bruce-In camp, I hope he can turn it around and he will have my full 100% support whilst he's here, however I think we need a change.

My order of preference would be;

1) Arsene Wenger

2) Brendan Rogers

3) Rafa Benitez

4) Eddie Howe

5) David Wagner

6) Claudio Ranieri 

7) Thierry Henry 

? Chris Wilder

9) Giovanni Van Bronckhorst

10) Remi Garde ?

Yes, I get that at least 9 of those are extremely unlikely to say the least! ?

• Like 2