Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I know, I mean barely a Manchester or Liverpool derby goes by without a fan running onto the pitch and swinging punches at the opposition captain.  Ours is quite tame by comparison really. 

That comes down to stupid individuals rather than football rivalries though. Besides I already said I understand Birmingham Citys hatred for us. Its our hatred for them that I don't understand.

• Like 1

I also have good friends who are life long Blues fans. They are good people who love their club.

The difference between us is 'expectation'. We Villa fans are aware of the history and huge potential of AVFC, and are constantly waiting for a rebirth to return us to those halcyon top six days.

My Blues mates have no such opportunity to dream and scheme of ways to achieve 'greatness'. They are what they are, and that is a source of frustration to them.

We have a fantastic stadium and infrastructure, they have a shack and a bleak and unwelcoming training ground. 

It's not surprising that Blues fans are often focussed on us, and some despise us for being a storied club while we in turn hardly notice them.

I hope Hogan does well for them, because it will benefit all parties involved. I wish the Blues well for the sake of my good friends who support them, but I wish much more than that for my beloved Villa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

I also have good friends who are life long Blues fans. They are good people who love their club.

The difference between us is 'expectation'. We Villa fans are aware of the history and huge potential of AVFC, and are constantly waiting for a rebirth to return us to those halcyon top six days.

My Blues mates have no such opportunity to dream and scheme of ways to achieve 'greatness'. They are what they are, and that is a source of frustration to them.

We have a fantastic stadium and infrastructure, they have a shack and a bleak and unwelcoming training ground. 

It's not surprising that Blues fans are often focussed on us, and some despise us for being a storied club while we in turn hardly notice them.

I hope Hogan does well for them, because it will benefit all parties involved. I wish the Blues well for the sake of my good friends who support them, but I wish much more than that for my beloved Villa.

My sentiments entirely.....very good post.

Hate is a burden, I refuse to harbour....I don't hate them, I can't muster a reason to do so.

I try to avoid Hate, like the plague.

• Like 2

On 13/02/2020 at 17:18, tinker said:

Good luck to him, hopefully he can rescue his career and we can get some of our money back .

I hope that he comes good too, it's just a pity that he's doing it with them. I can understand that they might want to sign him permanently, but if so, we shouldn't be doing them any favours fee wise. They wouldn't do us any favours and if anyone matched their offer, I wouldn't be selling him to them. Can you imagine if the situation was reversed, them being willing to sell Bellingham to us, if we matched another club's bid in the summer?

As far as mates and the team that occupy the dark side of the city, is concerned. I treat them as two totally different things. I have mates that are Noses, but that doesn't mean that I have anything approaching acceptance, for the so called football team, that they chose to follow. They feel the same about our team and in my opinion that's fair enough.

I'm old enough, to remember when they were in the higher division. Those were dark days, as has been any day since, when they have drawn or beaten us. Order has been restored now and long may our dominance over them continue.

Back on topic, I look forward to Hogan scoring plenty of consolation goals between now and the end of the season, during Small Heath's slide down the table, and to him earning a move somewhere else...😉

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tinker said:

Im a born and bred Brummie , i.live and work in the city and have many friends who are noses . Any noses that are idiots (and villa fans) are kept at arms length.

Anyone that hates or dislikes someone because of football isn't someone i would spend any time or effort with , it says enough about them to know there of no use to me as a friend .

Hogan has never done anything but try to play and for that he deserves all the.luck he can get. Its my guess he will pick an injury up and that will disrupt his progress , as it did with us. Fingers crossed I'm wrong  UTV 

This a thousand times over. In fact they probably need reporting to the authorities for a thorough psychiatric assessment.

16 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This lines us up perfectly for signing Bellingham to be fair. For that alone we need to hope he scores a ton from here on in. 

Hogan + 30m for Bellingham. Job done. Then just watch him and Barry rise through the ranks.. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/02/2020 at 21:50, villabromsgrove said:

I don’t hate them, I pity them despising us. As for Hogan, he was useless for us, I hope he is the same for them.

Â