Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

11 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Hogan has found his level again

whilst playing with 2 up top

meanwhile , we still play 1 up top and have forwards that struggle to get involved in games  

to be clear , I don't think for one minute Hogan is good enough for the prem , but you do have to question if our system is correct , hence why a lot of fans are calling for us to play 2 up top or even Jack in a number 10 position

• Like 3

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

meanwhile , we still play 1 up top and have forwards that struggle to get involved in games  

to be clear , I don't think for one minute Hogan is good enough for the prem , but you do have to question if our system is correct , hence why a lot of fans are calling for us to play 2 up top or even Jack in a number 10 position

Hogan seems to be very much a confidence player to me, he’ll go on runs of games where he won’t score and look a dud but when he finally gets one, he perks up and goes on a run of scoring goals

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

True. Hogan plays a lot better with another striker playing alongside him like Lukas Jutkiewicz has been for Blues.

He isn't good at all playing on his own up front! 

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Our cast offs go to them and we get their best player and he can’t even get on our bench. Hogan has found his level again

and I think Jota has found his.....and its not in the Prem.

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think he’s been given a fair crack of the whip, I remember his assist for Wesley against Everton at home fondly

but this league is not about " moments".....its about consistent play for 90 odd minutes.

This league is a gruelling slog of physical agression and combative play.....you only have to look at the physicality of Aguero,( as an example) never mind the guile he possesses......that is the standard in this league.

You look further at Harvey Barnes  and the like.....aggressive wingers, with desire and conviction.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

but this league is not about " moments".....its about consistent play for 90 odd minutes.

This league is a gruelling slog of physical agression and combative play.....you only have to look at the physicality of Aguero,( as an example) never mind the guile he possesses......that is the standard in this league.

You look further at Harvey Barnes  and the like.....aggressive wingers, with desire and conviction.

I think you are correct

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think he’s been given a fair crack of the whip, I remember his assist for Wesley against Everton at home fondly

Me too, class assist, and that 180 degree turn he did versus Everton on the edge of our box, class!

• Thanks 1

Great time for the Championship to be suspended. His value hasn’t been so high since sir Steve of Brucetown decided to spend all of his paper round money on him in one fell swoop!
We may actually be able to convince some poor fool, hopefully BCFC, in parting with their hard earned pennies in order to procure his service on a permanent basis. Sweet!

13 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Me too, class assist, and that 180 degree turn he did versus Everton on the edge of our box, class!

I don’t remember that particular moment, he should’ve played more than he has in my opinion

9 hours ago, TRO said:

well done him.

Agreed.  He's had a torrid couple of years after no doubt thinking that his career was going stratospheric when he joined us.  

Anyone who thinks he's going places then finds himself failing wherever he goes is going to have a tough time of it.  I'm really pleased for him (and us). 

• 2 months later...
Â