Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think scoring in the mid-lower level of the Championship is a stick to beat him with compared to the top end. The quality of the opposition is the same, you're playing and scoring against the same teams.The only difference is the team you have behind you to support you. And I would guess having a better team behind you would make it easier to score than having a bad team behind you so Hogan doing it with a mid-lower level Championship team makes it even more impressive. Yes he didn't do well with us but sometimes it just be like that for whatever reason. Buut whatever that reason is, us being in the top end of the Championship probably isn't it.

I disagree mate but respect your view. Mentality for me is a key driver in the ability to succeed; I think he struggled with the added pressure of playing at a top Championship team with an over-riding expectation to get promoted. Less pressure at smaller clubs with lower expectations.

Anyway, i'm sure we'll both agree that the better he does for Blues the better and easier it will be for us to offload him in the Summer at an increased fee. Win-Win.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

Last time Hogan scored goals in three consecutive matches was for us in the championshp in the 2017/18 season...

Just realised those games came against Bristol City, Forest, and Barnsley, the exact same three teams he's scored against in his first three games for them.

Edited by useless
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

Just realised those games came against Bristol City, Forest, and Barnsley, the exact same three teams he's scored against in his first three games for them.

spacer.png

I've already seen on social media that Nose fans want to sign him permanently.

Shame they can't afford it.

On 12/02/2020 at 14:24, TRO said:

We are not a vindictive as a club.....and if he starts scoring our asset is worth more....maybe its a softener for Bellingham.

I watched the game last night Chris and while his goal was very well taken, he is not coming back to us in a hurry.

I don't want to be vindictive, even if they are..i hope the kid does well, but he is not a villa standard player imo.

He is still lacks first touch and ball control and his all round technical skills are not what we are lookng for...i also think his industry, is stop ,start.

He had his chance for us, now we just want to recover as much from our asset as possible.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2020 at 09:57, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

I've already seen on social media that Nose fans want to sign him permanently.

Shame they can't afford it.

Well of course they do atm. He's scored 3 in 3. See how he does rest of the season, hopefully keeps banging them in.

I've never understood why Villa fans hate them so much, I can see it the other way around where they've been living in our shadow in their entire existence and have deep jealousy issues. 

I much prefer Blues to the likes of Man Utd & Liverpool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

spacer.png

Sorry but I just don't get it all, especially when the media try to make it out as if we have one of the biggest rivalries in football.

Since I've got into football in '87 we must have played them like 10 times in almost 40 years because they are usually a few divisions lower

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junxs said:

Sorry but I just don't get it all, especially when the media try to make it out as if we have one of the biggest rivalries in football.

Since I've got into football in '87 we must have played them like 10 times in almost 40 years because they are usually a few divisions lower

I#d expect this from someone who lives miles from Brum, not coming into contact with the unwashed inbred words removed.

But Sutton???

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Junxs said:

Que?!

18 hours ago, Junxs said:

I've never understood why Villa fans hate them so much, I can see it the other way around where they've been living in our shadow in their entire existence and have deep jealousy issues. 

I much prefer Blues to the likes of Man Utd & Liverpool

Its funny, i thought i was the only one......me too.

I just laugh off their banter as natural jealousy too and typical of an envious bunch.

I have many friends who are Blue noses....and despite the rivalry, we do end up having sensible conversations and debate.....deep down they know what great history we have.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I#d expect this from someone who lives miles from Brum, not coming into contact with the unwashed inbred words removed.

But Sutton???

Sorry but look at Liverpool / Everton, theyve been in the same division ever since I got into football. Same with Tottenham / Arsenal. 

Cletic / Rangers has always been massive, only a slight lapse due to Rangers having to come through the divisions again.

Im sure WBA Wolves have played each other a lot more, usually similar in quality albeit usually in the 2nd tier in the last 35 years. Much like the Sheffield derbies and Forest v Derby

I just think for a proper rivalry you need to be of a similar ilk where the neutral can watch and enjoy not knowing who would win.

Blues I see just as an annoying neighbour we occasionally play and normally beat rather than a great footballing rivalry. 

If I had a wish where I could remove one club from existence I don't think blues would even make the top10 list.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have many friends who are Blue noses....

That's where we differ.

I know one from school, who I've seen twice in 30 years, and my brother in law, who I see about twice a year as he lives in Germany. That's it.

On the whole, they are all words removed.

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

That's where we differ.

I know one from school, who I've seen twice in 30 years, and my brother in law, who I see about twice a year as he lives in Germany. That's it.

On the whole, they are all words removed.

So are you saying they (Blues fans) are "ALL" the same?

I think its quite evident on here "ALL" Villa fans are not the same.

but if you believe that fair do's

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

So are you saying they (Blues fans) are "ALL" the same?

I think its quite evident on here "ALL" Villa fans are not the same.

but if you believe that fair do's

In my experience, "nearly" all the same. And I'm nearly as old as you...but not quite.

17 hours ago, Junxs said:

I know, I mean barely a Manchester or Liverpool derby goes by without a fan running onto the pitch and swinging punches at the opposition captain.  Ours is quite tame by comparison really. 

• Like 1

Â