Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Whereas we have the double-decker shit sandwich of putting huge pressure on players when we're at the same present level as the 'Mickey Mouse' clubs, spouting about how great and big we are when we're not actually better in real terms. 

I know what you are saying, but in spite of where we are now, I suspect that we still have that aura which can overwhelm some players.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

Whereas we have the double-decker shit sandwich of putting huge pressure on players when we're at the same present level as the 'Mickey Mouse' clubs, spouting about how great and big we are when we're not actually better in real terms. 

Spot on 

Scotts goal, was very well taken, indeed.....I hope he does well, because its good news for us, in terms of his value......but his overall play is questionable.

Edited by TRO

I still can't understand/fathom why we loaned him to them? And we're probably picking up vast majority of the wages too.

Whoever at Villa decided this was a good move to help that club out? 

And now he's scoring for them and full of confidence like he was at Brentford before his move!!

I knew this would happen... getting his confidence back and scoring goals when he moved to them on loan.

Edited by Villan4Life

Yeah, we have seen this before from Scott. He will have a little purple patch of scoring goals but they will soon dry up , he just doesn't have the all round game, ability and consistency to perform on the regular, and for me more importantly...the mentality. his head drops, he snatches at chances, and then it all goes to pot until he bags again in a month or so time.

All jokes aside I hope he smashes it. Blues or not. Score a goal a game. Get a move out the club. We need it. He needs it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We are not vindictive as a club.....and if he starts scoring our asset is worth more....maybe its a softener for Bellingham.

I watched the game last night Chris and while his goal was very well taken, he is not coming back to us in a hurry.

I don't want to be vindictive, even if they are..i hope the kid does well, but he is not a villa standard player imo.

He is still lacks first touch and ball control and his all round technical skills are not what we are lookng for...i also think his industry, is stop ,start.

He had his chance for us, now we just want to recover as much from our asset as possible.

We can only dream. I think he'll be off somewhere bigger but if Hogan shoots the lights out and we somehow convince them to do a cash + Hogan deal then I'm all that lot having the best end to the season possible.

Disclaimer: best end season possible does not include promotion!

2 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

I still can't understand/fathom why we loaned him to them? And we're probably picking up vast majority of the wages too.

And now he's scoring for them and full of confidence like he was at Brentford before his move!!

I knew this would happen... getting his confidence back and scoring goals when he moved to them on loan.

I think it was John Percy who reported that we refused to recall him and Stoke were looking to do a sub loan to get rid of him. As such I’m not sure we necessarily agreed and did the deal with Blues, if Percy was correct. I don’t know if such things are possible, I guess it depends on the contract terms.

Him doing well is an absolute result for us. Prior to this loan we were stuck with the majority of his wages until his contract expires. This loan may not change that as we are no doubt paying him so well that no other championship club would be able to offer him enough to take him away permanently but the better he does the more likely we can pass a higher percentage of his wages on to a future loan club.

It’s completely irrelevant to me that he is helping BCFC. They are and always have been a non entity as far as we are concerned. A few goals from Hogan is not going to alter that. They are helping us out just as much as we are helping them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, M_Afro said:

Him doing well is an absolute result for us. Prior to this loan we were stuck with the majority of his wages until his contract expires. This loan may not change that as we are no doubt paying him so well that no other championship club would be able to offer him enough to take him away permanently but the better he does the more likely we can pass a higher percentage of his wages on to a future loan club.

It’s completely irrelevant to me that he is helping BCFC. They are and always have been a non entity as far as we are concerned. A few goals from Hogan is not going to alter that. They are helping us out just as much as we are helping them.

Sensible post.

The rivalry thing is largely for us, the fans.

If something makes commercial sense then I would fully expect the club to have dealings with anyone, and it might help grease the wheels when we want/need something from them in the future (as unlikely as that may be).

5 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

.....in the mid/lower level of the Championship.

Thats his level....we are a PL team and he will never have enough ability to score goals at the level we are now at. He couldn't even do it at the top end of the Championship with the 'pressure' of being at a top club.

He tries hard (at times) but possesses neither the technical ability nor mentality to be PL striker. IMO.

11 hours ago, lexicon said:

Unfortunately this is the way at big clubs and suggesting we are the same level as SHA is just bs. They have zero expectations and we are bigger and better in everyway so with that comes expectancy and certain pressures(Like working on the pitch for your astronomical wages). Players either live with it and rise to the challenge or don't. Hogan didn't, end of.  

If putting in a shift for 40k a week is pressure then I give up. Hogan only has himself to blame for it not working out. From what I have witnessed he never got that much stick off anyone so it's a pretty mute point in his case. He's just been crap.  

49 minutes ago, eholm said:

.....in the mid/lower level of the Championship.

Thats his level....we are a PL team and he will never have enough ability to score goals at the level we are now at. He couldn't even do it at the top end of the Championship with the 'pressure' of being at a top club.

He tries hard (at times) but possesses neither the technical ability nor mentality to be PL striker. IMO.

I don't think scoring in the mid-lower level of the Championship is a stick to beat him with compared to the top end. The quality of the opposition is the same, you're playing and scoring against the same teams.The only difference is the team you have behind you to support you. And I would guess having a better team behind you would make it easier to score than having a bad team behind you so Hogan doing it with a mid-lower level Championship team makes it even more impressive. Yes he didn't do well with us but sometimes it just be like that for whatever reason. Buut whatever that reason is, us being in the top end of the Championship probably isn't it.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Hogan scored four goals in  three games for us in the championshp, didn't score in fourth but scored in the fifth to make it five goals in five games. he then only scored one more goal for the rest of the season in fourteen appearances. So I wouldn't get excited about his form just yet, as he's done it in the past where he's done well for a few games and then lost form.

1 hour ago, useless said:

Hogan scored four goals in  three games for us in the championshp, didn't score in fourth but scored in the fifth to make it five goals in five games. he then only scored one more goal for the rest of the season in fourteen appearances. So I wouldn't get excited about his form just yet, as he's done it in the past where he's done well for a few games and then lost form.

we never played to his strengths, i blame Bruce etc.

but seriously if he hits some form during this loan spell then we might get a transfer fee for him, which would be a major bonus when you compare him not even making Stoke's squad a few weeks ago.

Would be nice for his form to pick up, better for us really can get something for him at least.

Wouldn't never give him a place back at Villa it's just never worked out with him and don't think it's to do with we never played to his strengths, just some players do not work out.

Â