Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Just now, jacketspuds said:

If we do go down I'd try and keep him. Alongside either Samatta or Wesley he could be very good for us.

If he stays it will only take a few scoreless games and the crowd will start getting on his back again and it will be like all the other seasons he's been here. And we will get very little for him with six months on his deal next January.

Rather sell him while he's hot and use that money to get another proven championship striker in.

I think people expecting Wesley to be playing for us in August are a little out with their diagnosis.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

If he stays it will only take a few scoreless games and the crowd will start getting on his back again and it will be like all the other seasons he's been here. And we will get very little for him with six months on his deal next January.

Rather sell him while he's hot and use that money to get another proven championship striker in.

I think people expecting Wesley to be playing for us in August are a little out with their diagnosis.

Why is that? If we go down I can't see him going anywhere.

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Why is that? If we go down I can't see him going anywhere.

He won't but given ACLs are usually nine months he won't be back until October unless he's a very quick healer. Tom Heaton got similar injury and he didn't think he'd make the start of August when they asked him on MOTD2 a few weeks back.

So need to be careful we don't go into the season understocked upfront which was a probllem a few years back when we were playing Chris Samba upfront for a few games IIRC.

Edited by VillaChris

1 minute ago, thunderball said:

What’s Hogans contract duration? He doesn’t interview like he wants to be here, but if he find his confidence the he could do a job in the Championship. 

One year left. Think all our January intake from that season have the same (Taylor, Lansbury and Bree) bar Hourihane who signed new deal a few months back.

Would be looking to move them on whether we stay up or not.

• Thanks 1

According to the knuckle daggers they can buy him for 2 million... I mean coming from them this is probably absolute baloney and I hope it is the way he is going.

Some of them are on about dropping him as he is earning us more money by the week 🤣 they are not safe yet imo and they have got to play some of the teams around them.... yeah what a wise decision that would be.... numptys 

He should get 5 or 6 more before the season ends which would be a very good return. Puts him back in the shop window so 3 or 4 million should be the minimum we should get for him which is 3 or 4 million more than anyone thought we would get when he sort of returned from stoke although I think they loaned him out to the scum ?

Its good news for us that he is scoring.....seems like win/ win for both us.

as for coming back.....I think the opinions of each other have been formed and i don't see a way back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He won't but given ACLs are usually nine months he won't be back until October unless he's a very quick healer. Tom Heaton got similar injury and he didn't think he'd make the start of August when they asked him on MOTD2 a few weeks back.

So need to be careful we don't go into the season understocked upfront which was a probllem a few years back when we were playing Chris Samba upfront for a few games IIRC.

Ah sorry I misunderstood your post. I thought you meant he wouldn't be here next season as opposed to not being fit for the start of the season. Totally agree, no way will he be fit for August.

He is absolutely rubbish. Him scoring for the noses is nothing short of brilliant news for us. If they buy him for £2m we are getting hard cash for someone who will never be good enough for us and we also ditch his wages. Add to that he will soon become shit again. Win, win, win.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Never mind a few seasons ago, we were severely under stocked this season. We went almost a full month without a striker... 

22 hours ago, VillaChris said:

If he stays it will only take a few scoreless games and the crowd will start getting on his back again 

I don’t agree the crowd were on his back I think he was backed every time he played. People were for the most part desperate for him to succeed. Compare that to, for example, Drinkwater, who has got dogs abuse from Game 1, minute 1 !

I agree we don’t want him back though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sne said:

Playing to his strengths are they? :D 

I have no idea, what they are doing.....but they are getting goals out of him.

I guess folk will have their opinions, as to why.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea, what they are doing.....but they are getting goals out of him.

I guess folk will have their opinions, as to why.

From what I've seen of him he is your typical poacher, a Championship level one. A limited player who does little other than scoring goals. And when he doesn't there is nothing else he brings.

Confidence is HUGE, absolutely massive. Right place at the right time and the goals will come for a while and it will all look easy and natural.

It wont last thou as he doesn't have enough about him. But still, good for him that he finally gotten out of his slump.

Edit: Just had a look at his career stats, what a farcical signing this was. I mean if he was a cheap punt that's one thing but the money we paid and the contract. What were we thinking?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Â