Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

6 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Never happy to be substituted is he  not saying he is unprofessional or anything but he absolutely loves being on the pitch , he’s worked hard to get to where he is and is not going to give his spot away in the team without a fight, even when he loses his spot in the side he comes back always fantastic character 

never like to see a player happy, when he is coming off.

• Like 3

Loved the way he tracked Jack's run for the second goal, clever play. Highly underrated player for us, assists and goals. He not flash or highly technical but he works hard and has a great attitude and a knack of getting in the right place at the right time. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, tinker said:

Loved the way he tracked Jack's run for the second goal, clever play. Highly underrated player for us, assists and goals. He not flash or highly technical but he works hard and has a great attitude and a knack of getting in the right place at the right time. 

I just noticed this as I was rewatching the game. He bolted forward as soon as Jack did,. He had a fantastic game against Fulham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

He's still got an important role to play, all it takes is for one of Barkley or McGinn to be visited by the ill fortune of an injury or suspension and he'll be first in line to take their place. And given his good knack for scoring goals or providing asssts he's always going to be useful coming off the bench.

You say the same thing 🧐

Edited by useless

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

I put this in the Barkley thread, but probably should be here... does the arrival of the new boy mean Hourihane is out of the starting XI? 

I think so.

However I think this pushes Lansbury out the door.

Connor will still be an integral part of the squad.

He will be starting games in the Cup, instead of Lansbury, for example.

• Like 1

Hard to justify dropping him unless Ross starts tomorrow in the cup and plays a blinder (is he eligible?).

Can see him getting the start against Liverpool and Dean using that as the excuse to drop him going forwards. Shame as with Ross in the team I think we'd actually stand a chance of getting something out the game, but Conor will not provide the pressure we need against someone like Liverpool.  Great when we're on the front foot, below average when we're not.

56 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Hard to justify dropping him unless Ross starts tomorrow in the cup and plays a blinder (is he eligible?).

Can see him getting the start against Liverpool and Dean using that as the excuse to drop him going forwards. Shame as with Ross in the team I think we'd actually stand a chance of getting something out the game, but Conor will not provide the pressure we need against someone like Liverpool.  Great when we're on the front foot, below average when we're not.

Barkley is cup tied for the league cup so wont be playing tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I put this in the Barkley thread, but probably should be here... does the arrival of the new boy mean Hourihane is out of the starting XI? 

Hourihane is the new Hutton. Just when you think he's out he pulls himself back in.

Will be starting for us in 2025.

Not the end of the road for Hourihane here. Not by a long shot. This is what you want. I don't wanna pop a dig at any player in our squad. You've the villa shirt on, you got my support. Good players like Barkley come in it raises everyone's standards in training and match day. Can only ever be a good thing for us. Want Conor to go and see can he improve now .

Edited by Johnnyp
  • Like 2

We need more than a first XI and Hourihane will still get plenty of playing time in this heavily condensed season.

Conor is a great option from the bench to call upon.

hopefully the competition for places will drive Conor to improve more too.

• Like 1

Â