Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Only 9 months left on his contract.  Suprised he signed a new one in 2019 that was only for 2 years. 

I was thinking he does have a value now if we were to sell and upgrade him,  but with such a short time left on his contract he can just wait it out and get a free. 

It's a shame because to grow the club we need to be able to sell players for a profit to part fund bigger signing, it's just odd that we only tied him down to 2 years. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Only 9 months left on his contract.  Suprised he signed a new one in 2019 that was only for 2 years. 

I was thinking he does have a value now if we were to sell and upgrade him,  but with such a short time left on his contract he can just wait it out and get a free. 

It's a shame because to grow the club we need to be able to sell players for a profit to part fund bigger signing, it's just odd that we only tied him down to 2 years. 

he signed a 3 year deal in 2019

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

had a pretty good game, but like others have said I wouldn't be starting him vs Liverpool. Just don't think he has the ability to withstand a high press like they do

Who do you start instead? 

Conor would be more of an asset and get more minutes if he consistently upped his aggression & workrate. He has done it at times but is usually quiet and it sometimes seems like the game passes him by or he’s not involved enough.

He can help his case and be better, more active and more decisive in his passing... it would help if he could get into goalscoring positions more often and take more shots (one of his strengths) but we have to keep a balance with the midfielders too, they can’t all attack together...I’d like Doug to display his long shot prowess too but the team and discipline has to come before individuals...

We’ll hopefully add a superior CM before the close of the window anyway (got to take advantage of opportunities to improve the team and kick on) but Conor is a useful member of the squad and I’d be sad to see him go as he’s been a significant part of our success so far...

Edited by Jas10

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

In fairness to Steve Bruce, Conor Hourihane for £3m (or whatever it was) was an outstanding bit of business.

IIRC his contract with Barnsley was up that summer, hence how we were able to get him so cheap. But I agree. A very good buy.

Keeps scoring and assisting, there’s really not much more you can ask of someone when all is said and done.

Not bad for a guy who’s previous clubs were Plymouth and Barnsley, 18 caps for Ireland too. The guy has really worked hard to carve out what will end up being a very decent career.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Our most underrated player, Conor isnt brilliant but he gets an undeserved bad rep from some fans.

He isnt Pirlo or Xabi Alonso but a goal and an assist tonight to go with his stats from last season

I think he's our most overrated :)

29 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

He'll start against Liverpool. Goal and an assist DS won't drop him after that. 

I had a feeling he would score against Fulham as I see him as a flat track bully. 

Was interested to see if he played in Liverpool 1-2 loss without Grealish last season. Came on 73rd minute for Luiz at 1-0 to us 🙄

Edited by Kiwivillan

Â