Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nicely done & I understand that you mean “of that type/style” rather than those specific names, many of which would be hard to attract.

In a dream scenario, Savic would be a sensational signing but it’s never going to happen.

An older head sounds like a good use but we need someone with longevity (as you said also) of the right age. I wonder if we get could get Bakayoko on loan... Chelsea have far too many surplus players.

I would take a look at this link too TRO, plenty of good suggestions here who would be ideal:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/data-analysis/finding-new-defensive-midfielder-for-spurs-data-analysis-statistics

How about Yangel Herrera? Loads there, many would be chased by “top clubs” but if we can get in ahead of them for some less recognised talents then that would be great.

Yes, just examples of style, not real targets.

but, It can be done......I never thought we would get Emi Martinez in a million years.....Argentine Goal keeper for gods sake.......pinch me.

We have to be intrepid and put in bids, we might get pleasantly surprised again, by prodding and poking....prospecting is the only way.

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, TRO said:

Yes, just examplesof style, not real targets.

but, It can be done......I never thought we would get Emi Martinez in a million years.....Argentine Goal keeper for gods sake.......pinch me.

We have to be intrepid and put in bids, we might get pleasantly surprised again, by prodding and poking....prospecting is the only way.

Yep, we’ve got to try.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Smith will never play 4-2-3-1

I think against certain teams he will.

I know he loves to attack ( and I don't want to see him stop that) but I also think he learnt something after lockdown.....something definately clicked in his head.

you can't go toe to toe with Liverpool or Man City in a 4-3-3 its suicide.

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think against certain teams he will.

I know he loves to attack ( and I don't want to see him stop that) but I also think he learnt something after lockdown.....something definately clicked in his head.

you can't go toe to toe with Liverpool or Man City in a 4-3-3 its suicide.

I can't remember Dean ever playing with 2 holding midfielders.

I think it's fine with only 1 cdm if Luiz keeps performing the way he is.

What we need is a box to box player alongside McGinn with more energy and legs than Conor.

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

What we need is a box to box player alongside McGinn with more energy and legs than Conor.

Didn’t he play both Luiz and Nakamba in both semi finals legs?

44 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Didn’t he play both Luiz and Nakamba in both semi finals legs?

Not both of them in the holding role.

If both of them plays one is playing box to box

Not saying i am against 4-2-3-1 though. Actually really like it but it's not something Smith would play.

Edited by villalad21

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't think anyone could remember not playing with wingers, but Alf Ramsey did and we won the world cup for the only time.

My point is you have set up a formation to take on the opposition and sometimes it varies......you have to have the personnel to do that.

Â