Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Don't get people calling him lazy etc I love his endeavour and willingness to create something out of nothing. The only player we've purchased who can live up to the price tag. Its difficult to hold up the ball when your supporting cast are 50 yards behind you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

The best strikers have that selfish and greedy personality. 

So do some of the worst. 

Yes, it is true about great strikers and being greedy, but that tends to be more about the goal poachers and fox in the box players, not the ones just trying to lamp it in from 35 yards when there are other options.

Although I'm not really defending McCormack, because I think he's a dick, I can think of at least four occasions off the top of my head where Kodjia could have slipped him a sideways pass for a tap in instead of wasting the chance by shooting. If he had done, then McCormack could probably have been up around the 10 goal mark for us, in which case people's view of him may well have been 'ok he isn't playing well but he is scoring goals, that is what he does, give him more time to really get in his stride' rather than being so eager to get rid of him.

From first view of Hogan, he might not need to rely on Kodjia for assists so much. Let's hope.

• Like 2

From my point of view he scored and put in some dangerous balls into the box and his flick on set up Hogan.

Him becoming more of a team player is going to be hard when our attacking tactics generally leave him alone upfront to do something himself .

• Like 1

This has been happening all season with him not passing, its part of the reason why Ayew/Ross/Jack etc have looked bad at times. He needs to have a set up where everyone is trying to get him the ball to score and with the players we signed in the summer that wasn't going to happen.

I think Ayew/Ross are better players and Id have kept them and got rid of Kodjia for Hogan (or anyone else that actually can play up front). They are greedy but in a way that they are trying create, Kodjia is always greedy to score. You can see how frustrated the other players have been getting every time the balls goes to him and they know they won't get it back.

An erratic, unpredictable, selfish player like Kodjia shoud be used predominantly as an impact player from the bench. Unfortunately due to a not existent midfield, his ability to create for himself is exactly what we have needed. 

Once our new midfield settle in i fully expect Hogan to make the front spot his with Kodjia either playing from left, or playing from the bench. Its ok saying 'he's our top scorer' but his style negates that by wasting chances for others. I've lost count of the number of times a simply pass would have resulted in a one on one. 

It sounds like a strange thing to say, but i honestly think we would score more goals without our top scorer. 

He needs to improve his awareness and not go for glory all of the time. Hogan managed to get into some fantastic space on a number of occasions, but Kodjia delayed the pass and lost the ball or went for a shot and the attack broke down.

Good goal scorer and I can get him not passing to previous teammates but hogan is class and they can score a lot and assist a lot together - kodija has a teammate now he can trust in and this partnership will be lethal once they gel

Â