Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Won't win anything with someone this selfish, and braindead up front. I get the impression if we lost 3-2 and he got a brace he would still be dancing a merry jig home.

Plenty of occasions he could have played in someone, or spread the play or held it up and waited for support. Instead we get head down, stepover stepover. Honestly, just do one.

...and cut out the stupid dancing. We are not top of the league, it is not a goal to kill a game. I can understand joy and passion but dancing like you are hot shit?Just do your job and get on with it.

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Won't win anything with someone this selfish, and braindead up front. I get the impression if we lost 3-2 and he got a brace he would still be dancing a merry jig home.

Plenty of occasions he could have played in someone, or spread the play or held it up and waited for support. Instead we get head down, stepover stepover. Honestly, just do one.

...and cut out the stupid dancing. We are not top of the league, it is not a goal to kill a game. I can understand joy and passion but dancing like you are hot shit?Just do your job and get on with it.

I find it bizarre that people get so annoyed about celebrations.

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Very, very flawed player, good athlete, good finisher, absolutely no football brain.

Disagree - I think he's quite a clever player.  Just far, far, far, far too selfish.  40 yards out?  Yeah, I'll hit that!

Just now, bobzy said:

Disagree - I think he's quite a clever player.  Just far, far, far, far too selfish.  40 yards out?  Yeah, I'll hit that!

It's hard to articulate. He does some clever things, mainly on instinct, when he 'thinks' he's more often than not really poor. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's hard to articulate. He does some clever things, mainly on instinct, when he 'thinks' he's more often than not really poor. 

He makes good runs into the channels, often thinks one step ahead of the defender to turn him etc - very good at that stuff.

Just then takes a touch or two and tries to get into a shooting position rather than looking for a teammate.  He can work on it I think... well, I hope.

Just now, sonic_bouma said:

McGrath laying into him on Twitter questioning his work rate.

He was awful tonight. 

Do agree on the work rate front - he's always been like that, though, but scores goals so people don't care so much.  When you have Hogan (tonight) or Adomah/Ayew/Grealish/McCormack in other games pressing the ball but Kodjia is standing there walking about, it makes the tactic completely ineffective.

He's like Benteke in that respect.  Give him the ball and he's interested.  Without it, he just doesn't care.

• Like 1

Ridiculously selfish. McCormack got pissed off with him and I'm sure Hogan will if he continues in tonight's vein. Hogan could have been played in by him countless times, but consistently tried to do it on his own and lost the ball. 

Hogans best 2 chances were a decent flick by Kodjia (need more of that), and a fantastic solo run. Should have been more opportunities if Kodjia got his head up. 

Where would we be without his ten goals? Imagine if we had gabby playing all season instead of him! Yes he's selfish but that's why he needs to be played centrally IMO so he's not involved in the build up play and can just shoot at will as he seems to always want to do. Honestly he's the only player we have who ever looks like scoring which is worrying.

The more I see of him the more I think he isn't the type of player  we can build a team around .He is too individualistic,he shows flashes of brilliance but isn't the best at holding the ball up or winning aerial duels he will make a decent no 2 striker but can never see him becoming a player you can build a side around .

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Where would we be without his ten goals? Imagine if we had gabby playing all season instead of him! Yes he's selfish but that's why he needs to be played centrally IMO so he's not involved in the build up play and can just shoot at will as he seems to always want to do. Honestly he's the only player we have who ever looks like scoring which is worrying.

Where would we be with his 10 goals and if he passed the ball? That's the point, he needs to release the ball more often. I've got no issues with him taking on a shot when the time is right, but his decision making is poor, leading to squandered attacking opportunities far too often. 

Â