Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

35 minutes ago, Kingman said:

One Greedy word removed... Close the thread!

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Would rather have Gestede tbfh and just lump balls forward.

We are struggling at the moment, but these comments are unnecessary. 

I for one think Hogan-Kodjia can turn into a great partnership. They need time though. They won't suddenly play great together after just training. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I for one think Hogan-Kodjia can turn into a great partnership. They need time though. They won't suddenly play great together after just training. 

Makings of a great partnership but kodija must learn to pass when hogan is better placed .

33 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Well maybe just maybe we might have a few more points on the board if Kodjia looked up from time to time and and kept it simple rather than being a greedy word removed.

By the looks of things his wages must be squared up on indervidual goals rather than team position ratios. 

Kodjia to his credit did start to pass more towards the end of the match last night, but it was too little too late.

We could have been 3-4 goals up had Kodjia who always seems to get the ball had passed when a pass was on. He wasted half a dozen chances last night and that's not good.

We should have won with ease last night but instead we're dissecting another loss. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Eastie said:

Makings of a great partnership but kodija must learn to pass when hogan is better placed .

Not passing is also a good indicative that him and Hogan likely are not on the same page yet. If Kodjia is still being selfish 4-5 games from now, then I'd be worried about Kodjia. Hogan made some great runs, so I think it's only a matter of time till Kodjia starts picking up on those.

Also gotta remember Kodjia is used to being the lone striker who pretty much had to create chances out of nothing. 

• Like 3

“He is a centre-forward who plays wide and does it very well. All of his goals, he’s got penalties, of course, have come from that way. It’s important. It helps me to get another centre-forward on the pitch.”
 - Steve Bruce 17/11/16

Cue Scott Hogan stage left!

Still think he needs to see the bench for a couple of games though....he needs to realise he ain't the big fish at villa park!

Edited by ViewFromT2
  • Like 1

On 05/02/2017 at 02:20, TrentVilla said:

Not sure if it was picked up on camera but Hogan was furious with him a couple of times.

As was McCormack on a number of occasions previously.  He needs to learn to make the right decision. If he can he will go up another notch in terms of his value.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Great attitude and response to Paul McGrath. Not helpful of God, I must admit.

Either way, how refreshing is it to see players using Twitter so positively to engage with fans? 

I think God is entitled, as a fan, to express criticism where it's warranted, in his opinion. He's not a part of the coaching staff!

All the same, great attitude from Johnny in response, he seems to take everything in his stride and he clearly loves his football too much to let little matters like confidence get in the way! I know he was a bit poor on Saturday aside from the goal, but what a strike it was. He also set Hogan up for a chance he will be disappointed not to have buried. 

As I said in the Bruce thread, he's a luxury player but he's a luxury player who actually delivers. Consistently. If the rest of the team weren't so **** gash his flaws wouldn't be highlighted so much.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Still think he needs to see the bench for a couple of games though....he needs to realise he ain't the big fish at villa park!

You don't bench a 1 in 2 striker, even if that's literally all he does. The game is built around goals, you score more than the opposition and you win. It's all that matters, it's all that has ever mattered. 

As above, the rest of the team need to step up and provide for Hogan, Lansbury, Adomah, Hourihane etc. Let Johnny do his thing. He was extreme Johnny on Saturday, but he has acknowledged that and said he wants to improve. He won't do that from the bench and at the minute, he's the ONLY fish at Villa Park. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Great attitude and response to Paul McGrath. Not helpful of God, I must admit.

Either way, how refreshing is it to see players using Twitter so positively to engage with fans? 

Or got a great social media manager since he can barely speak english?

• Like 3

19 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Or got a great social media manager since he can barely speak english?

Yeah, I totally agree he must have a social media guy working for him but surely the positive response "his"  tweets have been getting will have got back to him.  Surely he will have to now take this on board now and show more willing to pass to Hogan and put a bit more of a shift in. It can only be a good thing for Villa regardless of whether he wrote the tweets or not.

• Like 1

Is this thread going to turn into 500+ pages of unwarranted guff like almost every other players thread here?

How bad does it have to get that we have to crucify our leading scorer and arguably; most exciting player of the last 10 years? Give your f**king heads a wobble will you!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

Is this thread going to turn into 500+ pages of unwarranted guff like almost every other players thread here?

How bad does it have to get that we have to crucify our leading scorer and arguably; most exciting player of the last 10 years? Give your f**king heads a wobble will you!

I like kodjia but most exciting player of the last 10 years? Not sure I'd agree with that. 

Â