Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

23 hours ago, av1 said:

It may be footballer spiel, but he really comes across as someone hat feels fortunate to be with us. I like that. 

Delph once wrote us a letter full of love and adoration then left less than a week later to become a plastic doll sitting on the shelf. 

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Did a quick calc. If he's walking it'll take about 112 days. That's a lot of Gabby up front.:(

Without being biased, I am hoping all these players will raise EVERYONE'S game, could even benefit Gabster?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Without being biased, I am hoping all these players will raise EVERYONE'S game, could even benefit Gabster?

Of course. 

We've not seen much of Kodjia with a fit strike partner. The closest he has got is McCormack and Rudy :huh:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Given how well Gabby played against Preston I would not be in the least bit surprised the see Gabby start alongside Kodjia in the next game.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Given how well Gabby played against Preston I would not be in the least bit surprised the see Gabby start alongside Kodjia in the next game.

Agree with this, we now have central midfielders that mean we can actually play 4-4-2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

100% and I guarantee that there will be moans and groans on forums and social media up and down the land, despite the lad having earned it. 

I honestly think he and Gabby will be a good combo. Gabby draws attention, he has to be watched, and the more space for Kodjia to exploit the better. Lansbury and Hourihane feeding them, there's potential there. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not one bit bothered if he starts every game if performing and scoring

56 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

To be fair if they are both on form (Gabby ala of old and Kodjia at his best) with the midfield clicking we are dangerous.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair if they are both on form (Gabby ala of old and Kodjia at his best) with the midfield clicking we are dangerous.

I am wary of some of us getting ahead of ourselves here as Saturday could have been the exception to the recent rule and a flash in the pan as far as Gabby is concerned although to be fair he has made a number of positive contributions from the bench most notably the two recent games against Cardiff.

Personally I think he looks fit now and at this level with most defenders half a yard slower both in physical speed and speed of thought compared to the Premier League I see no reason why he can't continue to put in the level of performance he did Saturday.

As @dont_do_it_doug. said he could well be a very good foil for Kodjia as Gabby does attract attention and draw defenders to him which should allow Kodjia more space that he often has to go out wide, or come deep, to try to find.

Some will never like Gabby due to past indiscretions and I possibly would never have given him another chance but we are where we are and in fairness to him he has grabbed that chance with both hands, got himself into shape and over time overtaken both Gestede and McCormack on merit I'd suggest both on what Bruce saw in training and what he has contributed on the pitch. As you said JV if Gabby can turn the clock back a few years then that Gabby alongside Kodjia with the players we now have pulling the strings in midfield then at this level that makes for an exciting prospect. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I am wary of some of us getting ahead of ourselves here as Saturday could have been the exception to the recent rule and a flash in the pan as far as Gabby is concerned although to be fair he has made a number of positive contributions from the bench most notably the two recent games against Cardiff.

Personally I think he looks fit now and at this level with most defenders half a yard slower both in physical speed and speed of thought compared to the Premier League I see no reason why he can't continue to put in the level of performance he did Saturday.

As @dont_do_it_doug. said he could well be a very good foil for Kodjia as Gabby does attract attention and draw defenders to him which should allow Kodjia more space that he often has to go out wide, or come deep, to try to find.

Some will never like Gabby due to past indiscretions and I possibly would never have given him another chance but we are where we are and in fairness to him he has grabbed that chance with both hands, got himself into shape and over time overtaken both Gestede and McCormack on merit I'd suggest both on what Bruce saw in training and what he has contributed on the pitch. As you said JV if Gabby can turn the clock back a few years then that Gabby alongside Kodjia with the players we now have pulling the strings in midfield then at this level that makes for an exciting prospect. 

Couldn't read through ll of that mate got friends over drunk and destroying my house. I just meant at least until we sort out our (striker) crisis!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No more selfishness from him when he gets back please.

Cost us far too many points this season through refusing to pass.

And won them, for balance. We've hardly flourished without him. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Remember who he never passed to and what has come out recently!

Maybe he don't like Mcormack!

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

really? you can see what a loss he has been. I dont blame him not passing at times since he is a striker

Â