Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I like kodjia but most exciting player of the last 10 years? Not sure I'd agree with that. 

Have you been to Villa park mate? Whenever he picks the ball up in midfield the whole stadium rises in anticipation, I think only Ashley Young has managed that in the past decade so I'd say he was up there. 

My main point is, let's not demonise our leading scorer for doing what he's employed to do, I'm sure when he realises Hogan is making these good runs he'll utilise him but don't expect the world after 3 training sessions and 70 minutes of game time ffs.

• Like 1

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 16:59, theboyangel said:

Great responses by kodjia on twitter to McGrath!

and

good on him! 

Those Twitter responses are real class and shows the humility of the man and that he's no Billy big bollocks. He's at least taken the criticism on board and willing to learn, not thinking he's the real deal even though he is 26-27. 

I already rated JK highly but he's gone up even further in my estimations after those comments on Twitter. All he needs to do now is form a deadly partnership with Scott Hogan and whoever else plays alongside him. I think that, over time, he could possibly find himself more loved here than the likes of Benteke, JPA, Yorke etc by the time his Villa career is over. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Those Twitter responses are real class and shows the humility of the man and that he's no Billy big bollocks. He's at least taken the criticism on board and willing to learn, not thinking he's the real deal even though he is 26-27. 

I already rated JK highly but he's gone up even further in my estimations after those comments on Twitter. All he needs to do now is form a deadly partnership with Scott Hogan and whoever else plays alongside him. I think that, over time, he could possibly find himself more loved here than the likes of Benteke, JPA, Yorke etc by the time his Villa career is over. 

Or, he's hounded out of the club by the noisy minority...

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hardly. This is total nonsense, who exactly is hounding him out?

Have you not read the negative drivel aimed at him in this thread? The shots aimed at him after the Forest game by some were disgraceful and I'm ashamed to call them Villa fans.

I'm actually amazed it's taken until the 84th page or so for this to become the new Ashley Westwood/scapegoat thread.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Have you not read the negative drivel aimed at him in this thread? The shots aimed at him after the Forest game by some were disgraceful and I'm ashamed to call them Villa fans.

I'm actually amazed it's taken until the 84th page or so for this to become the new Ashley Westwood/scapegoat thread.

Perhaps I've not paid enough attention to this thread. All I've seen is legitimate criticism about his all around display, but as I said, I haven't paid too close attention.

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I see where you are coming from, has a better all round game potential I think, whether he will ever realise it is another thing altogether.

Good point JV, this is where Steve Bruce comes into the equation, is he a good enough man manager to get this out of him? I'm not sure, time will tell I suppose but he is definitely a special player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

Good point JV, this is where Steve Bruce comes into the equation, is he a good enough man manager to get this out of him? I'm not sure, time will tell I suppose but he is definitely a special player.

Well he clams he has been watching him since he was at Hull and thinks he can make it to the very top. As you said though, let's see if he is the one who could bring it out!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Dude, it's still obvious he doesn't run his social media, whoever does "speaks" like an English bloke.

He also uses a translator for post game interviews etc.

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'll credit him for the words made in his name. 

49 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.

I'll credit him for the words made in his name. 

Lol, it's really not that dramatic, I'm not damning do's,don'ts, or anything at all.

Just stating the obvious.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol, it's really not that dramatic, I'm not damning do's,don'ts, or anything at all.

What you are perceiving to be the obvious.

Just because you think it's true doesn't mean that it is. ;)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm not having a go, but you're stating an opinion. It's 'obvious' to you, but it's not a statement of fact. (Unless you have any stronger evidence than your anecdotal opinion). 

He may have a social media manager, he may not. Either way I'll credit him with the sentiment behind his tweet.

I would suggest that it's not uncommon for someone to have much better written skills than speaking skills in a second language.

Edited by PompeyVillan
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hoof hearted said:

Is this thread going to turn into 500+ pages of unwarranted guff like almost every other players thread here?

How bad does it have to get that we have to crucify our leading scorer and arguably; most exciting player of the last 10 years? Give your f**king heads a wobble will you!

Well said, its embarrassing. Modern day football fans for you.

Paul McGrath is just a piss head who sits at home giving it the big'un to other players on twitter like hes some kind of oracle.

JK is the only good thing about our club atm, the only.

Fans should be singing his name every match instead of dreaming we've signed a Ledonwoski/Cavani hybrid to play along side him.

As far as I'm concerned Johnny Barksdale is the man and Hogan can mop up any piss that he spills. 

Edited by NottingVilla

14 minutes ago, NottingVilla said:

Well said, its embarrassing. Modern day football fans for you.

Paul McGrath is just a piss head who sits at home giving it the big'un to other players on twitter like hes some kind of oracle.

Whilst I agree the criticism JK gets is at times over the top and some might say embarrassing........

the second paragraph above is embarrassing and way way way over the top!! 

• Like 1

Â