James Chester

KJT123

I know he’s been playing injured recently but his form has really gone off a cliff. By far the worst I’ve seen him play today, almost everything he did was a mistake. 

The only thing that made it less bad is that he wasn’t the only one almost everyone else was in the same boat. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I know he’s been playing injured recently but his form has really gone off a cliff. By far the worst I’ve seen him play today, almost everything he did was a mistake. 

The only thing that made it less bad is that he wasn’t the only one almost everyone else was in the same boat. 

Lucky he was playing next to Taylor, who took the limelight in the shower of shit that was our performance today.

Second worst player on the pitch today.

today i think the sub:- elphick should stayed and chester should sub, we should nurse him to full health.

his attuide is truly captain but not strong vocal and command captain therefore i think elphick better captain than chester in my view.

Chester is good footballer but his defend ability is get worse and more worse when play bruce shouldn't sold baker as he and baker was best balanced before bruce decision get terry in, i think baker and chester should partner for 3 years if we not sold him, we will better defence than currently.

I think we should risk to play elphick and hause - i know he is poor today, he is need more games to play better as axel was same boat as him first few games and he grow better... (or play Raven indeed him) for next 3 games to give chester to rest, and come back strong from chester as he was carry knock injured for us to play regular due lack resources of center half.. 

Edited by Danny_Villaman84
  • Like 3

Awful player, im afraid to bump this thread as people think I have a grudge but he is a garbage player and always has been. 

I waa mocked before but he was carried by Terry and even Nathan Baker. 2nd worst Villa captain after Micah

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Awful player, im afraid to bump this thread as people think I have a grudge but he is a garbage player and always has been. 

I waa mocked before but he was carried by Terry and even Nathan Baker. 2nd worst Villa captain after Micah

He’s been at the club for nearly 2 and a half seasons now and for the most part, he’s been a model of consistency, played every league game last season. He’s our captain, our leader, I wouldn’t say he’s the most vocal, he comes across as quite shy in interviews, he’s one of my favourite players currently at the club, why do you hate him so much Zatman? According to Wikipedia, we paid £8m for him, for me, he’s been worth every penny, although granted, at times this season, he hasn’t been that great. Saying that, I thought his performance v Middlesbrough away earlier this season was probably his best for the club, he was absolutely majestic, barely put a foot wrong. Also, as a side note, he has the body of a God

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

He's a good centre half at this level, but as been said before, he is more comfortable with a strong leader next to him and he his not captain material. 

Ultimately, going forward, I'd like him as a back-up centre half and would like us to sign a real tall, tough, no-nonsense ball playing centre half to play alongside Tuanzebe! 

I understand that people have to blame someone when there is a performance like yesterday. But for me, Chester is a long way down that list. He has played pretty much every game since he arrived at the club and for the most part, has played fantastically well. 

Yes, he is better with a commanding centre back beside him, but so was Rio Ferdinand. That doesn't make him a bad player.

For me, if you pick a starting 11 Chester is one of the first names on the list. 

I would argue that apart from the games where Terry was guiding him through, he has been poor. The only reason he plays is because we have nothing else. As soon as there is another viable option, I'd drop him.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

He’s been at the club for nearly 2 and a half seasons now and for the most part, he’s been a model of consistency, played every league game last season. He’s our captain, our leader, I wouldn’t say he’s the most vocal, he comes across as quite shy in interviews, he’s one of my favourite players currently at the club, why do you hate him so much Zatman? According to Wikipedia, we paid £8m for him, for me, he’s been worth every penny, although granted, at times this season, he hasn’t been that great. Saying that, I thought his performance v Middlesbrough away earlier this season was probably his best for the club, he was absolutely majestic, barely put a foot wrong. Also, as a side note, he has the body of a God

He was very good last season with Terry, he was at most average the season before that and this season he has been terrible.

44 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Had his arms behind back for first goal and afraid to get in the way. Any self respecting defender like a Laursen or Terry does everything to block that shot

So whats being done about it?.....he is still an ever present in most peoples proposed team line up.

The decline in Chester is spectacular.

He has been nothing short of abysmal for near enough the entire season. 

Its the same situation with Taylor, Bolasie etc. though. He needs to be dropped, but who are you bringing in? 

Our squad is so weak. 

Â