James Chester

KJT123

35 minutes ago, Bunnski said:

He can't play on the left side,it's obvious. He's never been this bad for us and is just doing a job there until we get a left sided centre back.

Thought it might help him a bit playing over next to Taylor, who he's played with a lot for Wales.

Alas.

Needs his hand held.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Thought it might help him a bit playing over next to Taylor, who he's played with a lot for Wales.

Alas.

Needs his hand held.

or his throat.

Edited by TRO

9 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Would I be wrong in saying that Terry made him look good last season? The drop in performance is alarming.

Terry helped, but I also think our style of play last season covered some of his weaknesses.

So basically he's double exposed this season it seems, no Terry to be the commanding CB next to him, on top of we play a more up the field progressive style of play which also seems to expose him.

Oh let's add a third, now we don't have the big units in the starting 11 like Terry and jedinak, his massive 5ft 10in CB frame is additionally exposed as we literally have no big units to defend crosses or corners coupled with a GK who decent come off his line, which really shows him up as he's just not big enough to be a CB when he has no others around him to cover up the fact he is terribly weak in the air and can get knocked around.

Basically if you had a lost of all the ways to expose Chester to all his weaknesses we have gone through and ticked them all :)

Edited by MaVilla

This topic has decended into madness. 

Are people really calling Chester terrible? 

How about we look at this from Chester’s point of view. He decides to stay in the summer when it would have been easy to walk away. We then get new owners and he expects some decent defensive signing will be made. Bruce decides to strip the club of all defensive cover and play Chester alongside a defensive midfielder who has no idea how to play at CB. He also has to play alongside a RB at LB and a CB at RB. 

The moron Bruce is eventually fired and Smith sees sense and puts players in their natural positions but both LB and CB get injured leaving Chester to hold the baby again. 

Chester has never and will never be a dominant CB that comes and heads everything. If we know that I assume a Villa manager should know it too. So why did Bruce sell Baker, loan out Elphick, not resign Terry? Because the lad is clueless! If you want to blame someone for this mess blame him. 

• Like 3

On 24/12/2018 at 00:39, Zatman said:

Abused before but its true a shit player. Carried by Terry and Baker and latter part is a bit sad

Not that I agree with this, but I do think playing next to someone way off the level of those 2 doesn't help. Tuanzebe the most overrated player in the league IMO.

• Like 1

Chester has not had a good season, but I’m very surprised to see him being written off this way. 

Lets face it he has a very inexperienced partner at centre half, Neil Taylor and an aging Alan Hutton, who seems more and more like an attacking mid than a right back now. Not to mention Nyland behind him. Even Baresi would have looked a bit worse with that around him.

10 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

He is carrying a knee injury and playing through the pain barrier, so it's understandable his performances are not up to standard lately. 

True but his performances were not up to standard before the injury either. Mr. Reliable has lost that tag now, shame but hopefully a rest will do him good for the run in.

• 2 weeks later...
Â