James Chester

KJT123

Through mismanagement we probably made  his injury worse this season. We have a duty as a club to look after our players. As we have plenty of options at the back Chester should only play again if fully fit.

It is shocking management to have 1 fit senior centre half in the first few months this year, who had to manage a knock. Very nearly ruined the season from the outset.

1 hour ago, Nigel said:

Chester doest make the first team for me atm.

Now it looks like Tuanzebe is staying next year too he would get my nod. 

His speed and ball carrying would compliment Mings and offers us a lot more goind forward.

TBH its probably best for Chester to rest up till next season, hes done his job this year!

Chester is a hoofer.

Much more suited for a man like Bruce og Pulis. You can see the way Mings is playing that DS prefers ball playing defenders in his system.

I think Chester is a very good defender at this level, he just doesn't suit our style of play. Same goes for Elphick

Edited by villalad21

6 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Through mismanagement we probably made  his injury worse this season. We have a duty as a club to look after our players. As we have plenty of options at the back Chester should only play again if fully fit.

It is shocking management to have 1 fit senior centre half in the first few months this year, who had to manage a knock. Very nearly ruined the season from the outset.

Agent Bruce 😎

On 28/03/2019 at 12:08, villalad21 said:

Chester is a hoofer.

Much more suited for a man like Bruce og Pulis. You can see the way Mings is playing that DS prefers ball playing defenders in his system.

I think Chester is a very good defender at this level, he just doesn't suit our style of play. Same goes for Elphick

He is not a hoofer. Don't get me wrong, he isn't great on the ball, but I don't remember watching aimlessly hoofing the ball in his time here.

• Like 1

Chester is a hoofer.

He's actually very good on the ball but this season has been playing injured and on his wrong side to accommodate Tuanzebe and Elphick.

He's absolutely not 'very good on the ball' but he's also not awful on it, he's just average for a centre half with the ball at his feet. For me he has had a poor season and hasn't looked that good other than when Terry was next him. He should be back up for the remainder of the season, Mings and Hause are looking very good and should keep their place, Tunazabe is next in line. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/03/2019 at 10:54, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's absolutely not 'very good on the ball' but he's also not awful on it, he's just average for a centre half with the ball at his feet. For me he has had a poor season and hasn't looked that good other than when Terry was next him. He should be back up for the remainder of the season, Mings and Hause are looking very good and should keep their place, Tunazabe is next in line. 

I thought that for some time, even last season, where he wasn't bad....but doesn't dominate in the air enough for me.....Mings and Hause, highlight what we was missing....them 2 last season and we would have gone up.

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There's been a distinct lack of mentions of Chester generally.

And since that Elphick news piece too around players not giving a shit.........could be 2+2 equalling 7 as per usual but who knows.

I don't think Chester is one of them.....for all his shortfalls, He is a dedicated pro.

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone else notice that Smith didn't mention him when asked about his availability?  He seems to talk about Hutton and Elphick and then stopped short.  Seemed a little strange.

I heard mooted that his problem is Arthritis.....If that's true....it really ain't good.

I have had an Arthroscopy, on both Knees and whilst it helps, that all it does.....It don't go away.

15 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And since that Elphick news piece too around players not giving a shit.........could be 2+2 equalling 7 as per usual but who knows.

He was our captain and continued to play with an injury so id be very surprised if that’s the case.

As @TRO mentioned I think it could be due to the seriousness of injury.

Watch the press conference if you haven’t already. Am I reading too much in to it or did Smith almost make a point of not wanting to talk about Chester.

33 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Doubt it. I think Chester is out for the season and if stories about his knee are true maybe he won't play football again

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Doubt it. I think Chester is out for the season and if stories about his knee are true maybe he won't play football again

Kind of explains the logic behind only leaving us with Chester at the beginning of the season. It was the only sensible option.

/Sarcasm 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Anyone else notice that Smith didn't mention him when asked about his availability?  He seems to talk about Hutton and Elphick and then stopped short.  Seemed a little strange.

He defiantly gave the question a swerve.

which means there's a chance he's in contention to start. desperate times call for desperate measures. a pain killing injection  should do the trick.

It's a big boost if we can field Chester and hause tomorrow. My only concern is new partner ships need time to build up telepathy.

• 2 weeks later...

Chester is a hoofer.

He isn't a hoofer. 

Smith out. 

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

4th choice.

Yeah I was kinda thinking that.....

1st - Mings (obvs)

2nd - Tuanzebe

3rd - Chester / Hause

4th - Chester / Hause

5th - Jedi

Given how well Jedi has played in the past couple of games that's some unreal depth given where we were six months ago.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah I was kinda thinking that.....

1st - Mings (obvs)

2nd - Tuanzebe

3rd - Chester / Hause

4th - Chester / Hause

5th - Jedi

Given how well Jedi has played in the past couple of games that's some unreal depth given where we were six months ago.

And you've left out Elphick, who I'd put above Jedi. 

The problem is most of those CBs are injury prone, so there hasn't been a consistent partnership. But I think our CB pairing (if fit) for the playoffs will be as you say Mings and Tuanzebe, with Chester as first reserve. 

• Like 1

Â