James Chester

KJT123

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And if we didn't then what?, revan being a example could have been a massive success. 

Continuing the same thing with ifs and buts is a pointless exercise anyway. You don't know how well or badly he would have done. 

If for example Revan doesn’t look better than Chester in training. Why would he be better on the pitch with thousands of fans moaning at him. Kill his confidence from the off.

You act like it’s champ manager. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

And if we didn't then what?, revan being a example could have been a massive success. 

Continuing the same thing with ifs and buts is a pointless exercise anyway. You don't know how well or badly he would have done. 

I love how people assume because we haven't seen them play in a first team game there's literally no other way that a manager could ever know how good or bad they are. I mean no one's ever seen me play a first team match for Aston Villa, but I can guarantee if they signed me and threw me into the team it wouldn't end well

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, weedman said:

I love how people assume because we haven't seen them play in a first team game there's literally no other way that a manager could ever know how good or bad they are. I mean no one's ever seen me play a first team match for Aston Villa, but I can guarantee if they signed me and threw me into the team it wouldn't end well

One of my biggest pet hates.

The old "THEY CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN (insert first team player here)"

Yes they can. The manager generally knows how good the youth players are. It's not some big mystery how good they are.

Think Chester hate is a bit harsh to be honest, he is the only defender besides Tuanzebe who should get a pass and recent signing hause who is new. Chester is playing rite now and is the one who has a legitimate excuse as to why he isn't 100% along side Axel.

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

One of my biggest pet hates.

The old "THEY CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN (insert first team player here)"

Yes they can. The manager generally knows how good the youth players are. It's not some big mystery how good they are.

The best players are always the ones that don’t play. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If for example Revan doesn’t look better than Chester in training. Why would he be better on the pitch with thousands of fans moaning at him. Kill his confidence from the off.

You act like it’s champ manager. 

And you act as if managers don't make mistakes. No one is saying revan is better than Chester but why risk sustaining a major injury to your. Best defender? 

42 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

The best players are always the ones that don’t play. 

Its funny how true this is, even Tuanzebe has gone from decent young defender starting to find his feet to an absolutely pivotal, irreplaceable messiah that is, alongside Grealish, completely indispensable in terms of our style of play

I've never rated him, but dare I say it our only consistently good defender this season has been Elphick, and he's spent most of the season at another club 

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

And you act as if managers don't make mistakes. No one is saying revan is better than Chester but why risk sustaining a major injury to your. Best defender? 

Or maybe the injury is being overstated.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I highly doubt that. Watching Chesters mobility it looks like its detoriating each week. 

Wonder why Hause is isn't getting a look in then - I know he had a bit of mare in his only few minutes - But DS was so keen to get him, because of the injury to JC - Then JC carries on regardless !

20 hours ago, weedman said:

Rather you than Micah Richards!

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Wonder why Hause is isn't getting a look in then - I know he had a bit of mare in his only few minutes - But DS was so keen to get him, because of the injury to JC - Then JC carries on regardless !

He was obviously incredibly rusty and no where near as sharp as he needed to be. I'm sure he will get a chance over the next few weeks once they've worked with him in training. 

2 hours ago, hippo said:

Or maybe the injury is being overstated.

He has been injured since the derby in November and I think he stayed on as only Axel was fit centre back and he is unproven

If pulled him out we would have had Bree/Hutton or Bree/Whelan partnership at Christmas 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

He was obviously incredibly rusty and no where near as sharp as he needed to be. I'm sure he will get a chance over the next few weeks once they've worked with him in training. 

But they have already worked with him in training .....and presumably he was training with wolves before he joined us ?

• 5 weeks later...
Â