James Chester

KJT123

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2019/03/15/team-news-aston-villa-v-middlesbrough

“James and Alan are more slow-burners. Chezzie has now completed the injections he’s been having into the knee. 

“We’re hoping to get him back into light training over the next two weeks. We will see where he goes from there and hopefully he gets no reaction from the knee. 

On 01/03/2019 at 12:35, rodders0223 said:

Rumour is he has arthritis in the old knee.

That don't go away......having had 2 arthroscopies, i know.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he is now 3rd, if not 4th choice central defender. Not because he isn't good enough, I just don't see how he could be fully fit before the end of the season.

However if (when 😁) we make the playoffs, I think his experience could be invaluable coming off the bench late in games.

I think we finally have a squad where nearly everyone is capable of playing a part in getting us a result.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think he is now 3rd, if not 4th choice central defender.

It’s unreal isn’t it? We play the first half of the season with Chester half fit and being the clear first (only) choice centre back.

Now, when he returns to fitness, he comes in to a squad blessed with centre back options. Mings is brilliant, Tuanzebe was outstanding before his injury, and Hause has been pretty rock solid since coming in at cb with Mings.

I think when all are fully fit id go Mings and Chester (if as good as last season again). Hause to move to RB.

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I think he is now 3rd, if not 4th choice central defender. Not because he isn't good enough, I just don't see how he could be fully fit before the end of the season.

However if (when 😁) we make the playoffs, I think his experience could be invaluable coming off the bench late in games.

I think we finally have a squad where nearly everyone is capable of playing a part in getting us a result.

It's kind of a tradition around here, dating back to early 19th century to suggest playing a centre back at defensive midfield before we consider them 3rd choice or relatively disposable.

Shame on you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

It’s unreal isn’t it? We play the first half of the season with Chester half fit and being the clear first (only) choice centre back.

Now, when he returns to fitness, he comes in to a squad blessed with centre back options. Mings is brilliant, Tuanzebe was outstanding before his injury, and Hause has been pretty rock solid since coming in at cb with Mings.

I think when all are fully fit id go Mings and Chester (if as good as last season again). Hause to move to RB.

Don't forget Tommy who was playing well until his injury.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Don't think Deano thinks that way.

He's as likely to bring on Kodjia as he is Chester.

I enjoy it.

Chester doest make the first team for me atm.

Now it looks like Tuanzebe is staying next year too he would get my nod. 

His speed and ball carrying would compliment Mings and offers us a lot more goind forward.

TBH its probably best for Chester to rest up till next season, hes done his job this year!

Â