James Chester

KJT123

10 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I think axel will be part of the United squad so we may need Chester , would hope to sign mings and hause though .

Not sure about hause tbh. For championship looks good but PL I don't think he will be good enough. Looks abit clumsy 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure about hause tbh. For championship looks good but PL I don't think he will be good enough. Looks abit clumsy 

Yeah, thats what I think. He is ok at this level, but I have seen posters wanting him to play over Taylor. I'm just not seeing it 😕

5 hours ago, Hornso said:

I feel a bit sorry for Chester. Over our 3 seasons in the Championship to this point he's been the one constant in the team playing 90 minutes virtually week in, week out. He noticeably plays through an injury until we get some cover in for him in January and then he misses the glorious 10 game winning streak and another trip to Wembley. He's a bit of the forgotten man right now.

I’d suspect he’s still injured?

But I know what you mean.

21 hours ago, wilko154 said:

I remember being seriously worried over the summer that Chester was going to have to be sold due to FFP.

Still could happen this summer if we don't go up. 😬

On 16/05/2019 at 09:34, Eastie said:

I think axel will be part of the United squad so we may need Chester , would hope to sign mings and hause though .

They certainly want a look at him..

If he wins promotion with us.. he pretty much flys out with Man Utd on their pre-season tour, fresh on his mind of kbowing he will be 1st choice at Villa, might want to remain at Villa.. and with only a year to go on his contract, hopefully joins Villa for around £10m.

All in an ideal world at the moment though and we will have a better idea what could unfold after the 27th.

On 16/05/2019 at 09:45, Junxs said:

He got injured playing for Wales, I was watching the game live v Denmark back in November when he had to come off

After that he must have been taking injections and stuff before each game until the transfer window opened 

Wasnt stories floating that its even more long term issue. Still shocking go into season with 1 senior centre back

• 2 weeks later...

I know it's the Bham Mail but worth reading if you can find the article among all the adverts. Chester put his long term health on the line for us this year and looks like it will affect him for the rest of his life. His contribution should not be forgotten and him lifting the trophy with Jack was right.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-chester-makes-heartbreaking-revelation-16339525

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, fonz said:

I know it's the Bham Mail but worth reading if you can find the article among all the adverts. Chester put his long term health on the line for us this year and looks like it will affect him for the rest of his life. His contribution should not be forgotten and him lifting the trophy with Jack was right.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/james-chester-makes-heartbreaking-revelation-16339525

He should really resent Bruce if that injury effects the rest of his career

Great guy and club captain

• Like 1

Just now, Dick said:

And to think he was left as our only **** centre back. I still feel that was a deliberate act of vandalism.

Yep. Wanted out, wanted his payoff more.

I am angry for him, its almost bordering on criminal negligence that we forced him to play repeatedly when he was clearly injured as we had no other centre backs. Steve Bruce who had an excellent career in that position should have know better. And he the loaned Elphick out!! What was that all about?!

Shocking for Chester. He if was not such a fine servant and professional his health might be better.

Â