James Chester

KJT123

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We forget how good he was last season and our clouded by this season's lacklustre performances. I imagine he'd be excellent alongside Mings. 

Agreed, he seems better suited to playing alongside a leader like Terry or Mings rather than having to be one himself.

Great to see him back. Think he's a brilliant defender and I still thoroughly disagree that he was carried by JT last season which made him look good. 

Playing through games while injured can't have helped earlier in the season. 

6 hours ago, wilko154 said:

The fact we now have Mings, Tuanzebe, Chester, Hause, Elphick and Jedinak competing for a centre back spot is incredible... It's even more incredible when you look at our back line last time we played Leeds:

Nyland

Elmo    Bree    Chester    Hutton

Yep.

And when you consider Elmo was playing like shit at that time and Chester was injured/out of form, it seems amazing they didn't beat us by a few more!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep.

And when you consider Elmo was playing like shit at that time and Chester was injured/out of form, it seems amazing they didn't beat us by a few more!

Can't help but feel sorry for Elmo. He was playing in a defence where he was one of 3 rb's. It's not hard to see why he was so ropey for a few games. He's been a very solid player for us since he signed. (Sorry off topic)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Can't help but feel sorry for Elmo. He was playing in a defence where he was one of 3 rb's. It's not hard to see why he was so ropey for a few games. He's been a very solid player for us since he signed. (Sorry off topic)

Totally agree

13 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Wait, are you saying we should stick with Jedi at cb?

No no no.

Eventually Mings - Chester with Hause and Axel as second duo.

Now I think our best pair is Mings and Hause.

9 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Not to mention having 20k fans on your back for every mistake. His confidence must have hit rock bottom. 

I do wonder if the club knew about Chesters knee problems last summer or whether he got injured during the season. It has to be the latter right?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No no no.

From what I’ve seen of Axel since he has returned I think our best centre half pairing could be Mings and Axel.  I love the way they are both able to bring the ball forward plus there will be a good balance of right sided and left sided defender.

Chester and Hause are as good as it gets for back up in this league. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

No no no.

I think Axel fits DS system the best.

DS prefer ball playing centre backs and Chester is not that.

Axel is still a bit of a suspect defensively for me. He's not good enough in the air. I like Hause better as a defender, which is what we need most. I don't want two CBs dribbling as the last man, Mings alone is daring enough for me :)

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on whether Chester is fully fit again, can't seem to find anything other than he was back in training the other week?

Just wondered if he would make the final squad, guessing (lack of) match fitness would work against him regardless. 

6 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Any news on whether Chester is fully fit again, can't seem to find anything other than he was back in training the other week?

Just wondered if he would make the final squad, guessing (lack of) match fitness would work against him regardless. 

He's been on the training videos playing the 8 a side games or whatever it is, so full contact.

• Like 1

On 27/04/2019 at 08:33, Vive_La_Villa said:

I do wonder if the club knew about Chesters knee problems last summer or whether he got injured during the season. It has to be the latter right?

He got injured playing for Wales, I was watching the game live v Denmark back in November when he had to come off

After that he must have been taking injections and stuff before each game until the transfer window opened 

Edited by Junxs

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling if we go up we may cash in on him. 

I think axel will be part of the United squad so we may need Chester , would hope to sign mings and hause though .

Â