Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

I saw him yesterday with 2 other Chinese people waiting around by the entrance to Club Wembley  , was there about 10 -15 mins and didn't see anyone even give him a second look , maybe people just didn't expect him to be there ?  ... Gladstone Small walked past a bit later to go in the club Wembley entrance and got more attention  .

I'm guessing the owners could have shut him out but they let him share the spotlight a little by being up on the gallery with the other owners ..players certainly didn't ' seem to have any ill feeling towards him and were embracing with him when they got their medals

but I doubt we will see him at a Villa match again

Even though it nearly completely screwed us in the end does anyone actually think that we would have been any better off under Lerner in the Championship? Odds are we would have done a Sunderland & gone straight down again.

Sure Xia made a mess of things and probably never really had that much £ to begin with but him & his attitude, combined with some big signings helped turn round some of the toxic crap at the time and seemed to get people looking more positively at the club again and it genuinely looks like he just got a bit excited and carried away initially which left him in a hole he couldn't get out of. Money aside it does actually seems like he has actually become a fan/attached to the club.

Ultimately his failure has led to us being owned by some very astute billionaires so his holiday over here hasn't worked out too badly in the end & can't really see why anyone would be pissed off at him being there celebrating

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I think Rongtian He was actually there before Xia arrived.  HE went to Uni over here and Supported Villa before coming over.  He was working at Vila in a Graduate role??? and was noticed by Xia because being Chinese speaker etc.

Correct.

I always try to remind people of that when they try to lump him into giving Xia stick.

• Like 3

Is he the new Doug Ellis ?  

We all wish he would go away, sure he means well, but doesn't have cash, and makes some terrible managerial appointments (RDM)

Doug was ousted from villa few times - but always weaselled his way back in.

Never quite understood why he retained his shareholding - it bothers me. 

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

Is he the new Doug Ellis ?  

We all wish he would go away, sure he means well, but doesn't have cash, and makes some terrible managerial appointments (RDM)

Doug was ousted from villa few times - but always weaselled his way back in.

Never quite understood why he retained his shareholding - it bothers me. 

Don’t be ridiculous. Doug Ellis might have not been fantastic but he’s leagues above that charlatan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

Don’t be ridiculous. Doug Ellis might have not been fantastic but he’s leagues above that charlatan.

Doug loved the club night have had a ego made a lot of mistakes but he always loved this club. At 88 he was still coming to games

• Like 1

This guy is deluded. Remember the presentations he used to give to the players? His talk of conquering Europe in 5 years? His transfer tweets? The whole 2 years under him and that ceo was a farce. We’re so lucky we have proper businessman in charge now and not just frauds trying to line their pockets and inflate their egos. 

The sooner this thread can be moved to other football along with that other fraudster the better. 

Btw don’t want to put a damper on things but I really did get pelters for questioning the other guy in January 2018.  I know I need to let it go but it did hurt my feelings abit. As I said back then. Never trust a dishonest face ;) 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, CosmicVillan said:

I expect Xia to be quietly bought out now and return home with his honour restored ( in his own mind ) 

I thought this. His final 10% or whatever it is will be sold for the balance of what he's already been paid and whatever he gave to Lerner plus whatever interest he owes to whoever stumped up the cash for him.  He probably gets out on par and is bloody lucky to do so. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

I think he was a Walter Mitty type character who got swept away with the adulation he was receiving. He was totally intoxicated by the praise; his addiction to it made him take more & more risks that he simply couldn’t afford. His ego swelled with with every transfer and in the end he was a victim of his own hubris. 

He gambled the whole future of the club. We are extremely lucky there were willing buyers in the shape of Edens and Sawiris to save us from ruin. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 1

Did he put a penny into this club? As things unfolded when we went bust didn't he only put money into the club by selling off our future parachute payments for less than there worth gambling on going up.

As for wyness, he was trying to put us into admin to force a quick sale, which would have been disastrous and we would probably be in league 1 now instead of the prem. 

I hope neither darken the corridors of villa Park again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

To think this was how we started life in the championship.

5F24BBD3-3A02-4733-91ED-444C0B7FF644.jpeg

Looking back the differences in height should of been a dead giveaway ...

what a **** farce !

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This guy is deluded. Remember the presentations he used to give to the players? His talk of conquering Europe in 5 years? His transfer tweets? The whole 2 years under him and that ceo was a farce. We’re so lucky we have proper businessman in charge now and not just frauds trying to line their pockets and inflate their egos. 

The sooner this thread can be moved to other football along with that other fraudster the better. 

Btw don’t want to put a damper on things but I really did get pelters for questioning the other guy in January 2018.  I know I need to let it go but it did hurt my feelings abit. As I said back then. Never trust a dishonest face ;) 

Yeah but ‘jerkanalist’  

• Haha 1

Â