Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was he actually a con-man, or could he just not move his money from China due to their laws and was effectively skint? I mean he was a bad owner, but you guys are making it out like he's a snake oil salesman.

I think he greatly exaggerated his wealth and the small bit of money he did have he couldn't get out. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

Just a Fraud.....

like the Dave Clark 5....................."glad its all over"

Yeah, let's face it after the Fulham Play Off defeat we were left in Bit's and Pieces because of him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

So now we're owned by just two billionaires, rather than three.

No, we're still just owned by 2 Billionaire's like we were last week. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

The only thread I every started and he nearly destroyed the club.  

It is an impressive ratio

37 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Was he actually a con-man, or could he just not move his money from China due to their laws and was effectively skint? I mean he was a bad owner, but you guys are making it out like he's a snake oil salesman.

Wolves owners have had absolutely no problem with getting their money out of China, Tony had no money, he borrowed to buy the club and gambled the parachute payments on promotion, but we didn't and he left the club on the brink of extinction. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I suspect he is a fairly wealthy guy, but not on the level he was portrayed to be, and certainly not rich in the world of football club owners, who had some connections in the Chinese government and knew some other wealthy people. He gambled the club on us being successful and when that didn't happen coupled to the currency issues, he found himself in trouble and not as popular with people in right places as he thought. Whereas, for instance, Wolves ownership is pretty clear and they haven't had much trouble with cash liquidity...

His entire background is questionable - exactly 'who' he is, where he actually got what wealth he has, how rich he actually is, how involved in the business he's associated with he is, etc etc, is all a little vague or uncertain. He certainly didn't strike me as a rich man when we saw him. I joke about his suits but there's a truth there too - a man as rich as he supposedly is doesn't wear a suit as badly fitted as he does. And not in the weird American cut of suits either, he just wore stuff that didn't fit him. A billionaire isn't dressing worse than a junkie going to court.

There's Russian oligarchs, the kind that went from nobodies to billionaires because they knew the right people at the right time and knew the right elbows to twist that have more clarity about their wealth than Xia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

If there was truth in his inability to move cash, and he actually was a proper businessman, he could have found a way to get money in this country in any number of ways (not necessarily directly getting the money over - he could have borrowed on his Chinese money). He was a fraud. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Given he couldn’t afford the £30m he had to pay to Lerner when we got promoted and the debt fell to the club to pay in exchange for his remaining  shares. I was would say yes, he was a massive **** fraud.

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

So he couldn't come up with the £30m

Fit and proper persons test...but how did Lerner approve this sale? Did he just not care about us at all?

Didnt Hollis have permission to approve and Villa fans made Hollis out to be some sort of genius. Shocking

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

looking forward to his first badly written sly dig tweet like some sort of drunk dyslexic fortune cookie.

“People in snakes have no chance of knowing and grateful of actions is personal sacrifice. Many I have tried and with great success not be!

UTV”

Yeah but with Xia its in emoji form

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xela said:

Would be interesting to know the full story of his time here. 

Even his company. Recon Group, does anyone know what they do or actually exist?! 

I recall that someone did some digging and found most of the companies he owned didn't actually do anything ...they found 2 active companies ....

The loss making lotus foods

Recon - was actually a small cabling company.

Teemax - I seem to recall was the big company - it was never clear because early on he reckoned he sold it for £500m ....then later it got out that he still owned some shares in it...

A travesty that he was ever in charge - if Naz and Eden's hadn't stepped in heaven knows where would be now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Didnt Hollis have permission to approve and Villa fans made Hollis out to be some sort of genius. Shocking

I assume it was a big part of why King and Bernstein stepped down.  I guess we will never know exactly what the **** was going on.

46 minutes ago, hippo said:

I recall that someone did some digging and found most of the companies he owned didn't actually do anything ...they found 2 active companies ....

The loss making lotus foods

Recon - was actually a small cabling company.

Teemax - I seem to recall was the big company - it was never clear because early on he reckoned he sold it for £500m ....then later it got out that he still owned some shares in it...

A travesty that he was ever in charge - if Naz and Eden's hadn't stepped in heaven knows where would be now.

They can all dress it up how they like......He was a fraud.

Â