Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Alarm bells were Ringingย weeks into his ownershipย as I was at OUFC at the time and on the grapevine in the game all what was not what it appeared. Ignored because I felt the good times were hopefully back and sort of thought it was bitterness.. Iโ€™mย not disputing he has money but itโ€™s unverifiable and ย for a man who supposedly employs 35,000 people thatโ€™s odd. I think it was a get rich quick Ponzi scheme through the recon group .... anyways his ownership led us to where we are now in many ways but hate the guy more than Doug and Lerner for what he did and how he did it .ย 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 2

Did he care - we will probably never know.

Had he got money ? - almost certainly not

Interesting that the article said he was removed from the board because he couldn't supply money as per the takeover agreement.

I wonder if that's why the last two players Smith was after only a week ago - never got purchased.

Mightily received he has gone.

ย 

8 minutes ago, hippo said:

wonder if that's why the last two players Smith was after only a week ago - never got purchased.

Nothing to do with it. NSWEย would have been aware of the ยฃ30m due when they bought us and probably saw it as as a way to finally rid us of the fraud as they would have known that Xia had as much chance of putting his hands on ยฃ30m you and me. (Definitely me anyway!). I donโ€™t think this would effect FFP either, so basically loose change to these lads.ย 

We didnโ€™t sign Benrahma because the clubย regarded him to be over priced and wouldnโ€™t back down. As much to do withย future negotiations with Brentford and any other clubs as with the individual player.ย 

Would be interesting to know the full story of his time here.ย 

Even his company. Recon Group, does anyone know what they do or actually exist?!ย 

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

Even his company. Recon Group, does anyone know what they do or actually exist?!ย 

Still listed as trading according to google

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Next you'll be telling me he wasn't a professor at havard.ย 

From what Iโ€™ve been told Recon Group is an investment vehicle fund who own very small holdings in a variety of numerous companies , hence the 35,000 employee boast. He invests normal working peoples money on the hope of a quick return and a lot of people lost out on his purchase of villa and the gamble he took, thatโ€™s the saddest part for me.ย 

Was he actually a con-man, or could he just not move his money from China due to their laws and was effectively skint? I mean he was a bad owner, but you guys are making it out like he's a snake oil salesman.

ร—
ร—
ร‚