Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Having him hanging around just cost us £30m if this is true:

Former Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner nets £30MILLION windfall after their promotion due to clause inserted in Dr Tony Xia's 2016 takeover
The bumper payout was agreed during Tony Xia's takeover of the club in 2016
Xia paid £76.2m, with an extra £30m if they were promoted within three years
Monday's game represented the last chance for Lerner to claim the windfall

Daily Mail

6 hours ago, Thug said:

Having him hanging around just cost us £30m if this is true:

Daily Mail

To be honest I have no problem with that. Looks like it was part of the deal Lerner made. He sold it a bit on the cheap but with the chance to recoup some of his still eye watering losses. I dont remember Lerner with any fondessness but I dont begrudge him a bit of cash back in his pocket.

• Like 4

Ah I see.......I sell club to NSWE......they let potato head do bad job and sack him....they hire Deano......Deano do great job and win play off.....all because I sell to NSWE!!!  You're welcome Villans....I kept my promise see!!!

The con man fraudster that nearly ruined us....can do one!!  

• Like 2

Nothing like re-running an old hot topic of doom, not even 24 hours after getting promotion. Probably good to keep all the bad vibes in this thread, much easier to avoid that way. 

31 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Nothing like re-running an old hot topic of doom, not even 24 hours after getting promotion. Probably good to keep all the bad vibes in this thread, much easier to avoid that way. 

Considering their responses are responses to our promotion, it’s fair to discuss it. I don’t think anyone is really saying much more than “please **** off” at this point. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spoony said:

Considering their responses are responses to our promotion, it’s fair to discuss it. I don’t think anyone is really saying much more than “please **** off” at this point. 

I'm just as guilty - should have made clear this was self reverential too. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

With one of those words removed trying to take credit for it. 

I have no idea, what the true picture was, although putting a 29 year old chinese in charge of our club does seem kinda reckless.

Lets, let the new owners deal with it.....I have faith they will make the right moves in the fullness of time.

17 hours ago, DCJonah said:

We might as well thank lerner and lambert then.

Well if you are feeling overly generous sure, but if we had someone more competent then Xia buy the club we wouldn’t have Eden and Sawiris now, so swings and roundabouts and all that. 

I don't really care for Xia but it looks like Rongtian He was there and enjoyed his day.  He always came across as a good egg to me and it seems like he has caught the Villa Bug. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't really care for Xia but it looks like Rongtian He was there and enjoyed his day.  He always came across as a good egg to me and it seems like he has caught the Villa Bug. 

I think Rongtian He was actually there before Xia arrived.  HE went to Uni over here and Supported Villa before coming over.  He was working at Vila in a Graduate role??? and was noticed by Xia because being Chinese speaker etc.

• Like 2

Â