Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 hours ago, thejoker said:

I’m not sure you can say Xia didn’t care (he was at the playoff final don’t forget). But he clearly didn’t have the resources or knowledge to carry us forward (and yes, he made a complete mess of everything). But whether you liked it or not he did spend a lot of time on social media interacting with fans, trying to build a rapport that was missing for years under Lerner.

I’m not sure that being at the playoff final demonstrates anything other than trying to jump on the bandwagon and then take some credit. As was demonstrated by his later tweet. 

I think we were all fed up of the total disconnect with Lerner and so communication of any sort was of course welcome. Nevertheless I don’t think his intentions were ever anything more than making a fast buck, but I could be wrong. Perhaps I’m seeing him through harsh eyes, but whether he was a naive fool or a chancer, either way he was hopelessly out of his depth and his actions nearly bankrupted us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m not sure that being at the playoff final demonstrates anything other than trying to jump on the bandwagon and then take some credit. As was demonstrated by his later tweet. 

I think we were all fed up of the total disconnect with Lerner and so communication of any sort was of course welcome. Nevertheless I don’t think his intentions were ever anything more than making a fast buck, but I could be wrong. Perhaps I’m seeing him through harsh eyes, but whether he was a naive fool or a chancer, either way he was hopelessly out of his depth and his actions nearly bankrupted us. 

You're not wrong Dave.

15 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Flame grilled thank you!

They are flame grilled, but not to order. They are microwaved. It'll take you two seconds to Google.

You're welcome.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, limpid said:

They are flame grilled, but not to order. They are microwaved. It'll take you two seconds to Google.

You're welcome.

I googled it when you said it the first time. I don't know how I feel. 

7 hours ago, limpid said:

Surely no-one goes back to Burger King once they find out that the burgers are microwaved.

I haven't been in a BK for years, I hate anything like that. 

Food from there is Sunday lunch for noses.

24 minutes ago, limpid said:

Like i said, I don't understand why someone would eat another once they find out that they are microwaved, If you would, perhaps you could explain?

(Weird that I don't mind this thread being taken off topic)

Burger King is Hungry Jacks over here but after googling it, apparently microwaving burgers is the norm.

I rarely eat that stuff anyway, prefering my local 'chippy'. Usually a trip to HJs is because I'm somewhat inebriated.

I guess you have to accept that fast food is made fast..... Ive heard some creepy stories about KFC, which I never never consume!

...wot has tony opened a burger king ????...is it on the theme park ?

I read somewhere that xia and burger king have something in common ...they are both full of shit 

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, hippo said:

...wot has tony opened a burger king ????...is it on the theme park ?

I read somewhere that xia and burger king have something in common ...they are both full of shit 

Yep, Tony got what he wanted I heard.   He's currently working over at Star City and has just won "employee of the month".   Still emptying the bins though!!  :(

coming to america prince akeem GIF

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I suspect the good Dr will be pushed out of the club in the next 12 months.

Hope so....well intentioned or not his presence sends a shiver down my spine.

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Hope so....well intentioned or not his presence sends a shiver down my spine.

He is totally insignificant now, he has no say or control and a ever decreasing shareholding, he is a director but effectively a passenger.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

He is totally insignificant now, he has no say or control and a ever decreasing shareholding, he is a director but effectively a passenger.

I do like how over the past year the NSWE share of the business has now increased significantly. He will be bought out soon and that chapter of the club will be done. Thankfully.

Â