Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Failing to go up last season was a blessing in disguise, I shudder to think how things would be with Xia as owner, perhaps it would resemble what Fulham have done.

Bruce would have bought experience though, a few extra senior heads within the team to go with the likes of Snodgrass and co. Imagine. Beautiful.

41 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Xia was just a kid in a sweetshop owner, these guys are giving him the handbook on how to be good owners.

Does he still have small % in club or has he totally been bought out?

I think the fact he was there speaks to him having a small stake, <5% probably. 

4 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think the fact he was there speaks to him having a small stake, <5% probably. 

I don't think it is that low, but is certainly less than 25%, as he was recently removed as 'a person of significant control' on companies house. 

Look at is this way, Learner, unfortunately, sold us to a person who turned out not to be what we hoped or rolled the dice and came up badly, least he had the decency to sell us before the wheels fell completely off, although it was pretty damm close,  and to people who seem made for the job. Ultimately i bare him no ill will now we have got back to where we should be

5 minutes ago, Diamond_Joe_Quimby said:

Look at is this way, Learner, unfortunately, sold us to a person who turned out not to be what we hoped or rolled the dice and came up badly, least he had the decency to sell us before the wheels fell completely off, although it was pretty damm close,  and to people who seem made for the job. Ultimately i bare him no ill will now we have got back to where we should be

that was Hollis not Lerner who sold to him. People thought Hollis was brilliant for some weird reason and some until recently still think he should be on the board 

27 minutes ago, Dick said:

Bruce would have bought experience though, a few extra senior heads within the team to go with the likes of Snodgrass and co. Imagine. Beautiful.

Glenn Murray and Mark Noble on 90k a week 4 year deals after splashing 30 million on them

• Haha 2

I actually don't hate him.

Do i think he was a neurotic chancer? Yes

Do I think his intentions were bad? NO

As others have said, failure was blessing in disguise.

Still think we would have gone up with Di Matteo as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

think this might've made the other thread but

I love the fact we're a Premier League club again but loathe the fact Lerner makes anything off the back of it. 

I for one DO hate him. He is a con artist. He used his misplaced ego and delusions to gamble with our club and nearly ruined us.

He needs to be gone and I never want to hear his name again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â