New manager

KJT123

So our fate now lies in the hands of  former Arsenal employees who effectively run the club, their current manager who is advising on who should manage us, and a former Arsenal player who will become our manager?

Nice.

My initial reaction too. Then I thought if we get even 10% of the success Arsenal have had in the last 20 years then I'm ok with it! My only slight reservation is the people in the boardroom seem to be ex-Arsenal employes from different positions, i.e. they have no experience in their role before coming to us, Fox got a bigger title taking the role here, as did quite a few others I believe. And I'm always wary of 'old mates' clubs as a basis for hiring people.

But, like I said, any success will put those concerns to bed!

I'm confident Garde will be a huge improvement on Tim. Largely because it would be near impossible not to be.

Surprised that he's happy to take us on in our current predicament but that points to to him being confidence he can turn it around.

I hope for all our sakes he is right

• Like 1

So our fate now lies in the hands of  former Arsenal employees who effectively run the club, their current manager who is advising on who should manage us, and a former Arsenal player who will become our manager?

Nice.

No.

Lyon, not Nice.

True, although our footballing stature and history is a bit more like Nice than Lyon.

Love a good #wobble on a Saturday morning.

IMO it will be Garde, it sounds like it's gone to far not to be now, even if we don't get the coaches (which I think we will) I imagine he will still come (unlike the Newcastle job). 

Aston Villa will pay the money to get Remi Garde - MacDonald

Aston Villa will pay what is necessary to bring Remi Garde and his backroom team to the club, according to caretaker manager Kevin MacDonald.

Former Lyon boss Garde is the bookies' favourite to succeed Tim Sherwood who was sacked on Sunday.

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has said he would block the move of two of his backroom staff to Villa Park.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger said Villa's chief executive Tom Fox had been in touch with him about Garde.

Fox used to work at Arsenal and Wenger, who made Garde his first signing in 1996, said Villa have held talks with the ex-Lyon boss.

Fox texted me," the Gunners boss said. "I think they met Remi Garde with the chairman and they made their opinion.

"It's a big challenge for him but it's a big opportunity. You do not get 20 opportunities to come to England and at the moment, in Europe, you find 250 managers who want to come to England."

And MacDonald added: "If they're desperate to get them then they'll pay the money."

MacDonald has been told he is in charge of the squad for Monday's trip to Tottenham.

Sherwood, 46, took Villa to the FA Cup final last season, but was dismissed after a run of six straight defeats left them bottom of the Premier League.

Garde, 49, has been without a job since last year's departure from Ligue 1 side Lyon, with whom he won the French Cup in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34675257 

If ww cant get his coaches we should look elsewhere look what happened with last two when they was not working with thwir men. Its too much of a a gamble. I doubt garde would take the job anyway without them 

At least that imbecile Lerner is flying out there to meet garde personally