New manager

KJT123

Paying over the odds for backroom staff will just make us more skint for when we go down.

But not paying for them will make us look like complete fools.  We only have one chance at this. We must stay in the PL to generate any sort of income that us as a club are used to and to lose that huge income would be a catastrophe.  Pay them what they want I say.  It will be a drop in the ocean compared to what we will lose if we go down.  

You say that like remi garde is guaranteed to avoid relegation. 

No but I'd say he'll give us the best shot.

• Like 1

It almost looks as if were struggling to convince anybody to take the job,any word on any other applicants who applied for the job,or is this their first and only choice?

Or, it looks like Garde wants to come and we're negotiating getting his coaches here, like is being reported?

Wheres the quote from Garde saying hes coming? Is that your guess or is it like is being reported?

Paying over the odds for backroom staff will just make us more skint for when we go down.

But not paying for them will make us look like complete fools.  We only have one chance at this. We must stay in the PL to generate any sort of income that us as a club are used to and to lose that huge income would be a catastrophe.  Pay them what they want I say.  It will be a drop in the ocean compared to what we will lose if we go down.  

No but I'd say he'll give us the best shot.

squabbling over 1-2m when 100m is at stake would be stupid! 

That's irrelevant. He's the man they want. He's the man I want. They have to try.

If Garde doesn't get his staff i hope he doesn't come why should he the job is difficult enough as it is

The backup Galtier is already employed so we would need to pay them compensation for him which would probably be similar to Garde's backroom staff anyway

Edited by AshVilla

It almost looks as if were struggling to convince anybody to take the job,any word on any other applicants who applied for the job,or is this their first and only choice?

Or, it looks like Garde wants to come and we're negotiating getting his coaches here, like is being reported?

Wheres the quote from Garde saying hes coming? Is that your guess or is it like is being reported?

It's not my guess. It's what's being reported, by pretty much every media source out there.

Yours is a guess.

I'm not saying he shouldn't choose the coaches himself, just that he should be able to work with others other than the ones at Lyon. I mean Ferguson, Jose and Arsene will have worked alongside all kinds of different coaches. There's an whole world of coaches to chose from.

Not at all.  We need to give ourselves the best possible shot.  I'm not saying Garde and his team will work miracles but if we don't at least attempt to explore the possibilities that maybe, just maybe, he and his team are our best chance of getting ourselves out of this mess then we may as well throw in the towel now.

I'm not saying he shouldn't choose the coaches himself, just that he should be able to work with others other than the ones at Lyon. I mean Ferguson, Jose and Arsene will have worked alongside all kinds of different coaches. There's an whole world of coaches to chose from.

Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger, Garde...... ^_^

• Like 1

It is probably going to be Garde but the mention of Galtier interests me. Saint Etienne have a great history like Villa and are now working on smaller budget. 5th, 4th and 5th the last three seasons and selling a lot of good players. Aubameyang was one of those. I would like it if it was Galtier.

Whoever it is, either French coach it needs to be the complete package, Sherwood had to find his own staff, look how that ended. I think the delay only means one thing, gardes team are being targeted and it's just a case of how much really.

If the supply staff didn't want to come Garde coming would be dead by now. Its obviously still live. There are negotiations to be finished and villa are in a weak position but I'm still positive  it'll happen. 

Whoever it is, either French coach it needs to be the complete package, Sherwood had to find his own staff, look how that ended. I think the delay only means one thing, gardes team are being targeted and it's just a case of how much really.

Good point. I think Tim probably needed Chris Ramsey alongside him to make it work this season but QPR chose to keep him as their manager despite their relegation. Would Garde without his own staff possibly be the same and would he want the job without them given it will be tough enough with all of them in place?