New manager

KJT123

How do you make such a mistake? Should be fired for that. You had ONE job ffs.

Oh dear, It looks like carelessness and mistakes are not only confined to the pitch.

"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind. We recruited aggressively this past summer and it is our responsibility to now harvest this talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism - we are better than that. On behalf of the Board we wish Rémi every success."

Tough words on Timmy there from Lerner.

Clicky

zYcT3E5.gif

Welcome to Villa Remi.  Our fate is your hands!  IMO we have a better squad than most commentators think – a bit more tactical nous and belief, and a few wins from somewhere, and we might discover we have a half decent team on our hands. Will be very interesting to see which players he favours and what he does with our French players.

"Nobody at Villa can deny that we are way behind. We recruited aggressively this past summer and it is our responsibility to now harvest this talent rather than buckle under pressure and criticism - we are better than that. On behalf of the Board we wish Rémi every success."

Tough words on Timmy there from Lerner.

Clicky

Those idiots hired him and gave him £3 million for the pleasure of seeing us bottom of the league. I think the jokes on us.

He might be good, he might not. But he is a bloke who is nearly 50 with  just 3 years  of management experience in a foreign league behind him, and has coached  at only one club. That is a gamble.

No more a gamble than any other manager. Moyes isn't available so people still calling for him to become manager are living in cuckoo land, Pearson might've got Leicester out of it last season but they were in it with him for almost the entire season and as the squad has shown it shouldn't have been the case, so IMO he underachieved and that's without his crazy antics. Every appointment would've been a gamble. 

Less of a gamble if we had hired an experienced manager with experience of keeping sides up? Hey ho I hope he likes a challenge.

I wish him well and hope he hits the ground running.

Edited by The Fun Factory

This is the first manager that's left me not really knowing whether I like the appointment or not. Under Lerner, I've been OK with them all except McLeish, who was always going to be shite. 

Maybe Garde is someone that we need. Relatively unknown so can't really be judged before he's started. I obviously support him 100% until I feel he deserves criticism. Hopefully, that will be never!