New manager

KJT123

Sam would have made a lot of sense a few weeks ago, but I read a good article lately which said we needed to appoint a manager for the team we want to be rather than the team that we are - so Garde is worth the risk IMHO.

I will support garde all the way if he arrives but it's a huge risk in my opinion

got a feel of the solskjaer Cardiff appointment in all honesty

i want us to play good football and for once have a manager who has tactical knowledge but I'm not sure we've got the players to pull it off at this time. The pressure of being bottom of the league should not be underestimated. Every time that ball goes in our box our players will be feeling it.

i would be more comfortable with a manager renowned for making teams hard to beat. Which is why Moyes continues to be my first choice.

• Like 1

Somebody who works in PR with connections to the club last night tweeted that it was definitely Garde and he'd agreed to join us. It better be, I put £40 on it the other day! Can't remember the odds but it had a winning pay out of about £76....

• Like 2

I will support garde all the way if he arrives but it's a huge risk in my opinion

i want us to play good football and for once have a manager who has tactical knowledge but I'm not sure we've got the players to pull it off at this time. The pressure of being bottom of the league should not be underestimated. Every time that ball goes in our box our players will be feeling it.

i would be more comfortable with a manager renowned for making teams hard to beat. Which is why Moyes continues to be my first choice.

I wish people will realise that Moyes don't want the job. Forget Moyes it's never gonna happen.

Sam would have made a lot of sense a few weeks ago, but I read a good article lately which said we needed to appoint a manager for the team we want to be rather than the team that we are - so Garde is worth the risk IMHO.

All I want ATM is to still be a Premier League team next season. 

Long term thinking is great, but at the moment we need to put the fire out before we start thinking about redecorating.

Asked whether Remi Garde would be be a good appointment for the French speakers at the club, the caretaker boss added:

“If he is to be the new manager, he will know all about the French players and all the players we have got in the squad.

“He may even know about some of the younger players as well.

“When you are going to go into a different football club you get as much information as possible.

“Although they are still talking compensation for his assistants he will be finding out everything about the club, I would imagine.”

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-jordan-veretout-improved-10362595?

Hopefully just a matter of time now.

who isnt a huge risk? were bottom of the league. The managers who wouldnt be a huge risk are managing teams much better than us because y'know, thats why they arnt a huge risk.

As a career move, moyes to villa would be prettty bad for him. Best case scenario, he keeps us up and is labelled as a manager who can keep teams up which leads to him forever getting jobs to save clubs from relegation (pulis/fat sam style). Worst case, he takes us down and no prem team wants to touch him for getting a team relegated. He can currently still get a team mid table-ish if a team becomes available. 
 Hes too good for us in our a current situation and wont be coming.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

His agreed a 3 and half year contract apparently. His two assistants from Lyon said goodbye to the travelling away support in their match yesterday too. Looks like it's happening. So guessing all his staff is near enough sorted. 

Got any Jeff Stelling Ketchup?

• Like 1

Ref Garde, So Tom Fox texted Arsen Wenger for his thoughts and approval! 

Hope this is not to be another infamous SAF approval.

This is a problem IMO when we still don't have any footballing people at the club years on down the line.

Having to gather 2nd hand news and thoughts from 3rd parties of best buddies is No way to be running any organisation! 

• Like 1